Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:00:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Heading back to court, hopefully for the last time

Started by FireFighterDAD, Feb 18, 2011, 07:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocean

Do you have a court date yet or letting the her deny first?

FireFighterDAD

She has denied visitation for an entire month in writing several times already so we are going to court for a clarification and for denied visitation.  Since all communication is court ordered to be via email I have many emails from her that are not going to look good on her part.  I am willing to compromise but not give up all of my visitation for that month.  She is not willing to compromise at all.  My counsel is confident that the judge will see that she's not only violating the order but does not feel that it pertains to her--only to me.  She pretty much states that.  We'll see what happens.  I'm not getting my hopes set on anything but I do feel pretty confident.

FFD

stressedoutmom

I do hope that everything works out for you.  You shouldn't have to take leave to have visitation with yuor child.  Hearing stories like yours really makes me appreciate that DD's father and I are able to get along with each other for the most part.  We've had some bumps in the road but have gotten through them and now we are able to work together rather well.  I wish it could be that way for everyone because it really is in the best interest of the children.  Some adults can't put their own feelings aside in order to see what's best.  Your child needs you both and its a shame she can't see that.  The firefighter schedule does take some getting used to but you would think she was used to it by now since you were married for 17 years.  I've gotten used to it in a much shorter time than that.  My biggest frustration is that DD's father has his schedule for the whole year but refuses to give it to me more than a month at a time.  He does some training and other things on his days off so when he gives me his schedule for the month he factors in those things.  We've run in to a few conflicts when I plan things with DD that are special events like circus and things of that nature that you have to buy tickets for in advance.  Since he only gives me a month at a time when I buy those tickets I just have to pick a day that works for me.  If he would give me his schedule for the whole year I would pick a day that I know he is working so there won't be a conflict.  But luckily he is understanding and we work through it.  I'm trying to give him some extra days this month since I had to cancel some visits last month since DD and I were out of town since my dad passed away.  If the weather here would have been more cooperative I wouldn't have cancelled them.  Luckily he was very understanding.

I hope the judge can help your ex to understand the rules of the court order apply to everyone.  Good Luck!  Make sure to keep us posted on the outcome.

FireFighterDAD

You will get a kick out of this--I have an online link to my shift schedule.  It shows when I work up to a year in advance.  I have sent the link to my ex many, many times so that she can use it to help plan.  I was originally submitting 2 months at a time so that my ex could plan ahead if she wanted to.  She refused to accept that and insisted that I only submit 1 month at a time so that's what I do now but I do send my request 60 days in advance so that she can still plan ahead.

I wish she could be as understanding as you are about a firefighter's schedule.  I have tried to be flexible when there is something that my son wants to do.  I have even gone as far as taking leave in the past to change to accomodate my ex's requests but that is not always something that I can't do.  If leave doesn't get approved I have no choice.  I don't want to get fired and if she thinks about it she really shouldn't want me to get fired either.

I hope that it all works out.  I'm just so tired of the same circles.  Life is too short to make problems where there shouldn't be any problems.

Thanks so much for your support everyone.  It's great to have a place to go where people really "get" how hard this is to deal with.

FFD

stressedoutmom

I would love to have an link to the schedule!  That would be awesome.  And he made mention that he has access to it online for year in advance but he's not sharing it with me.  I plan a girl trip with my best friend every year and I would like to plan it during his set off.  But right now I don't know when his set off is.  So since I'm just going to give him some dates and then he can look it up and tell me what works best for him. 

I don't want to get fired and if she thinks about it she really shouldn't want me to get fired either.
You are exactly right.  You are probably obligated to pay her child support and I'm sure she wants to continue receiving that so it would be best for her if you kept your job.  Per our order DD's father pays me child support and a portion of her child care expenses.  Per the order he is supposed to reimburse me within two weeks of when I give him the receipt.  He never does and in our state they can suspend driver's license and professional licenses if people get so far behind.  I realized that it wasn't in my best interests to pursue it because #1 he does pay me eventually just on his terms and #2 right now he is on a med unit so if he can't drive or has his professional license suspended he could lose his job and then wouldn't be able to pay child support.  So I just let it go and know that instead of paying me for a month at at time he'll write me one big check for 4 months at a time. 

In my opinion your ex-wife is angry at you trying to get back at you the only way she knows how.  And unfortunately for you I think that if things go your way in court she is going to be even more angry.  So I do wish you luck.  I know how angry and vindictive some of us women can get. 

FireFighterDAD

Have you tried to Google the words "X county fire rescue shift schedule" and the name of your state?  If you were to do that with my info you'd get to the link for my shift schedule since it's posted online as part of the county's fire and rescue website.  It's worth a try.  Ours has the different shift's days in different colors so it's really easy to track the shift.

I agree with you that my ex is angry but do you want to know the crazy part about that?  SHE cheated on ME!  I broke into her Yahoo account and found over 60 love letters between her and the waiter from one of the local places we ate at often.  In my heart I don't believe this was her first affair.  I looked the other way far too many times when my gut told me that something was up.  This time I couldn't do it.  This guy had even been over to our house for dinner.  He was from another country and the story she sold me was that she felt sorry for him because his wife and kids were back there and he was here all alone.  I think she's angry that for once I didn't ignore what was right in front of my face--I stood up and told her that I couldn't live this way.

After I moved out she went through 4 guys in about 5 months, finally met one on the internet who moved from Washington state to VA 2 months after meeting her online and they were married less than 5 months later.  I've been told that I should write a book...

FFD

stressedoutmom

WOOHOO! It worked!  I had tried looking before on the city website and it wasn't there.  So I figured it was on some internal site somewhere.  But nope.  Its right on the front page of the local union website.  Thanks so much.  That makes my life much easier.  I have been just buying cirus tix or planning things based on what worked for my schedule since I didn't know his any further out.  Then when he would give me his schedule for the month I would tell him that day didn't work because we already had plans.  He has never complained or said a word about it.  But if i can schedule for DD and I to do those things on days I know he has to work then its a win-win for everyone!  Thanks a bunch!!! 

So she's mad that she got caught and you aren't putting up with it.  Too bad for her.  I can forgive a lot of things but cheating is not one of them.  Now its time for her to act like an adult and deal with the consequences of her actions.  But of course instead she continues to blame you and its all your fault.  That sucks.  I'm glad I don't have to deal with that.  DD;s father and I were really more friends with benefits than anything else.  Niether one of us wants to be with the other so it that aspect its easier for us to keep our own feelings out of it.  I was very angry at him that it took him 3.5 years to even meet DD.  But I had to decide if I was going to let my anger consume me or if I was going to put it aside and do what was right for DD.  Too bad your ex can't make the same decision. 

FireFighterDAD

I'm so glad that it worked and that it will make planning things much easier for you.

FFD