Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:17:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

so we left the country: advice on how to continue and raise a healthy son

Started by Tana, Nov 06, 2011, 05:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy

I'm almost certain all the parent has to do is prove the child in question is his child and any custody arrangement is offered up as proof.  The abscounding parent is defeating the other parents interest in the child and anyone that interfers (ie transportation, financial, etc)  can be held accountable.

Tana

well all the responses seem interesting and I appreciate it
If a judge belives that a traveling abroad child is the best option, Id see no problem doing that.
However, I assume we will have to start from scratch. Biological dad will have to first establish paternity and ask me to take my son back to the States for a DNA or file in the country where he resides.
Then he will have to request custody and all that.
I did speak with an attorney in the States and he might have given me the wrong advice but he asked me to do NOTHING and wait if the father decided to do anything.
Tjis attorny has years in family law and he said he doubts the father will do anything. He said this might well be one of those cases in which the father is married and chooses not to be involved in a child´s life at all.
We will see
I am open to anything
thanks everyone

Kitty C.

'I did speak with an attorney in the States and he might have given me the wrong advice but he asked me to do NOTHING and wait if the father decided to do anything.'

Was this before or after you left the country and did you tell him you were planning or already had left the country?
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......