Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Man gaining full custody...

Started by baltimore_father, Feb 02, 2013, 08:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

Agreed -- sorta....like I said here specifically in AL, you have to be married 10 years before that's true.  SO each state might have something different.

And yes, the first 18 years I was active duty I was not married to EX#3....and he not to me.  So he was not entitled to any of my retirement, and I not his either.

ocean

baltimore_father

just found out wife is attempting to get lump sum back pay from reduced salary, but only after divorce settlement. Is it feasible for me to get a portion of lump sum after divorce? Her thinking is the salary reduction helped expeditite the divorce, and she would sue for not only salary owed, but damages and since she's no longer married (do you see where I'm going?), she wouldn't have to share money won in her lawsuit. My question is, am I entitled to any money won after the divorce?

janM

Don't record anything she says without her consent.

http://www.rcfp.org/reporters-recording-guide/state-state-guide/maryland

ocean

Depends on the state, mine, you just have to notify that they are being taped. We told ex in writing that any time she calls or at exchanges she may be taped. It comes in handy with law guardians/counselors when they are hearing both sides , with a tape they can hear it themselves.

To your question, my guess is that you would have to prove she hid this during divorce and now you are owed the part of the money. Usually anything after divorce you can not touch.