Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Phone visitation  (Read 2394 times)


  • Guest
Phone visitation
« on: Dec 03, 2003, 10:13:13 AM »
I have been divorced for 4 years. In the final decree the phone visitation was set to once a week for a half an hour. I followed that visitation until eventually my ex let me talk to the kids whenever I wanted to.

Well recently we got into an argument about me taking the kids to their sporting events on the weekends I have them. I live about 60 miles away from them so it means driving about 400 miles a weekend if I make the sporting events.

She basically said that it was my fault that the kids will not be able to play sports cause I said I wouldnt be able to take them to all of their games.

So now she has reinstated the phone visitation and she also said that if I do call not on the designated night that she will ask the kids if they want to talk and if they say no then she will not answer the phone.

Any comments or suggestions about how to approach this situation and also how to get more phone rights, would be appreciated.


  • Guest
RE: Phone visitation
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2003, 11:00:52 AM »
tactics like this are petty things that custodial parents do when they think they are punishing the non-custodial, however, they are really punishing the children.

in my opinion, your only option to getting more phone time is filing for a modification, show that ex allowed extensive contact previously (use  your phone records) and now you need a court order to keep what she was voluntarily allowing......

just cause you cant' talk doesnt mean you cant communicate, mail them a post card once a week that should arrive between phone call dates...

best of luck.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.