Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ok I think this board needs the Cyber Holiday Group Hug more...

Started by workingdad, Dec 04, 2003, 10:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

workingdad

Geesh you stay off the site for a few days, and you come back to find people at throats.

Come on people its the holidays, what happened to holiday spirit, you know for once looking past differances, and just enjoying your fellow man. Looking past problems you may have had with people in the past, and extending the hand of friendship. Thats what the holidays are about, being nice, kinder, and more giving then you would normally be, because it is the right thing, and even if you can't put your differances aside for the whole year this is supposed to be the one time of year you can.

I was told a story by a vet a long time ago of when he was over seas fighting. It was Christmas Eve, and in his camp they heard singing coming from the enemy camp, and the enemy camp put up a flag of truce and invited the camp over and for that one night they all sat shoulder to shoulder, singing christmas carols(differant languages but you can't miss the tune), sharing the food they had with each other, and making the best of the holidays, even though some of them knew they would never see their families again and their last Christmas could be sitting by a fire in the cold, with their enemy.

If people in this most extreame situation can put their differances aside, then certainly we here can put differances aside.

Happy Holidays to everyone, no matter who you are or what Holiday it is you celebrate. I wish you the very best, and hope you are able to spend it with those you hold dear. :D