Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:40:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

need help with visitation request letter... she's driving me crazy now...

Started by doood, Dec 08, 2003, 02:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doood

i have the officer's original voicemail, where he asked me to call him regarding "phone harrassment" of the bm, and i have a recording of when i called him back and left a message with the other officer, but i didn't have my recorder with me during the second phone call where he told me not to call her anymore, and that he was sending the complaint to the disctrict attorney, who would decide whether or not to pursue the charges.
i also have all the voicemails i left the bm that day, which are in no way harrassing, other than the fact that i left 5 or 6 of them in the span of an hour. she called me at 8:30am at work about meeting for lunch that day (30min away from where i work) and when she didn't show i left all the messages, trying to get a hold of her to find out what was up.

MYSONSDAD

I am not sure about the laws in your state, but in mine,  3 in an hour constitutes harrassment. Can you prove she called you at work to set up a meeting? You where concerned for your childs safety. I would have done the same thing.

I would think you could check with the DA about the complaint.

doood

i have the conversation taped, but i was in my truck and the engine (7.3L diesel) was running and it is very difficult to make anything out. she called totally out of the blue so i didn't have my wits about me to turn off the engine.

MYSONSDAD

Been there, done that.

I have missed many a 'Kodak Moment'

But documentation is outstanding!

doood

ah where to begin...

i never ended up sending that letter... we had a pretrial scheduled for early feb, my atty said to just wait it out because i didn't need another denial.

then she continued the pretrial because her atty was taking depositions that day, and it was postponed to march 1.

then we had the first cs meeting, and that was bittersweet... turns out she's making $15K a year, working at a child care center, and they were deducting $210 a week out of her pay for daycare costs.... the magistrate asked her if she knew that she was eligible for vouchers, the bm gave some long story about going down there twice and then she wasn't in the system anymore but her employer didn't accept vouchers anyway. the magistrate asked me if i had anything to say about that (my atty was 20 min late) and i was like, "if she's eligible for them and chooses not to use them, i should not have to pay for that money." the mag nodded her head, "yeah, that's what i was getting at." so instead of paying 50% of all daycare costs, i'm only going to be held responsible for 25%. the kicker is that the magistrate did not like an $11K deduction i took on my taxes.... so currently up in the air is whether they are going to figure my income at $39K or $50K. what one hand gives the other takes away. and bm atty asked the magistrate TWICE what they had to do to get back child support.

however... bm woke up that morning expecting me to whip out the checkbook at the end of the meeting and pay 10 months of back support... she even told the mag that i promised to pay her rent while she was off work, which got a huge guffaw out of me, because I HAVE AN $800 CHECK MARKED 'RENT & UTILS' WHICH SHE VOIDED OUT AND RETURNED TO ME. needless to say, she was pissed by the end of the meeting. so pissed she fired her atty.... and of course, the new atty couldn't be at the custody pretrial... so it was delayed AGAIN.

1. mother and son DNA sample - delayed two weeks by BM
2. mediation appointment - first week of october, BM set the appt for dec 8, a two month delay
3. CS hearing oct 17 - delay requested by BM ATTY because he was double booked
4. CS hearing dec 5 - delay requested by my atty, because she was double booked.
5. mediation hearing dec 8 - cancelled by BM mere hours before it was to begin
6. letters to BM dec 12, 23 and jan 2, response postmarked jan 7.
7. custody pretrial early feb 04 continued because bm atty double booked
8. custody pretrial mar 1 04 continued because bm NEW atty double booked

MYSONSDAD

Hey Doood, wondered what happened to you. Glad you got back to keep us posted.

Sounds like a lot of crap. I am in the same boat. Maybe my trial will come up before my son graduates High School, sixteen years from now.

It's like our time means nothing...

"Children learn what they live"