Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 01:14:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

This is the week in Iowa!

Started by Kitty C., Apr 05, 2004, 01:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjraid18

I was just writing the govenor of Iowa & forgot the name of that bill so came back here. I'm ready. Lets talk some more about what we can do. One of my teachers didnt let us say "I can't"!!!!!!!!  Talk later. Oh!, I'm from Oregon and dont know how the governor of Iowa will feel about a letter from an Oregonian. Should I check current Oregon stuff too? And how is the best way to do that?

tjraid18

Hi! Ahhhh. I see the point a little more clearly now. Thought there were some implications I was'nt catching the first time around. I never looked at it like that. I'm still not convinced that more court ordered joint custody is the best way to go about this for everyone. But I do see the idea of equality of parental rights and think it's great! Now in a situation like this, if both parents had "joint custody" and the one who was in contempt would take the other one to court to keep things equal, what would happen when one parent who was actually not compliyng would take the other parent to court and falsely turn it around on them? Wouldnt the kids be in the middle and the honest parent get the shaft? Maybe we should focus on laws against  putting the using the kids as weapons or enforcing laws more seriously about falsifiying testimony against the other parent . Please convince me

MYSONSDAD

I have been on this board for a year and a half. Many non-custodials have come and gone. The messages they post say one thing. We are all getting screwed. Things are unfair. They have very little hope.

This bill opens a window. I am from Illinois. I am willing to talk.

What I see are many custodials that know how to play the system. They know the games and what they can do to keep the non-custodials away.
And then you have many very good custodials, just not enough of them.

If the States are looking at 'BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD', many of us would have Joint. But that is not what happens in real life.

My ex is delibertly using the system to her advantage. She knows by keeping high conflict the State will not allow Joint. This is so unfair for my son. HE LOSES. I am a very loving and nuturing Father, but because she is educated on how to screw me over, MY SON LOSES.

Glad to hear your writing, I hope 100,000 more are willing to do the same. Hawkeye and Kitty will keep us up to date and I already have another set of letters ready to go.

I think the only way to get things on the right track, is to change current laws.

Some States have already put some form of Joint into law. And they have seen a dramatic drop in divorces. They have also seen a big drop in the conflict. I also feel, joint should include, when I have my son, I pay for his needs, when she has him, she pays. Do away with child support. Both parents should be responsible for financial, education, medical, moral, and spirtual support.

"Children learn what they live"

Hawkeye

"By creating a presumption of joint physical care, there is an implied idea that a child is a calendar."

"a calendar"???    I wonder how they figure that... "a calendar"???    Why not a "clock" ? haha, What a CROCK!

After all, a child has more in common with a clock (two hands) than a "calendar."

Just plain, MickeyMouse petty hair splitting, in my opinion... Maybe the concept of sharing and equality is simply beyond the scope of the Iowa Bar.

Please write Governor Vilsack and ask him to side with children, not lawyers/bar associations, and sign HF22.