Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother not allowing visitation

Started by WhatToDo, Sep 28, 2006, 02:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocean

If she is school age, send the school the letter that is on this site. You can call first and ask if daughter is still enrolled there or stop by with child's birth certificate and custody papers. (He should do this). They should by law give him everything in child's perm folder. Attendance records, picture order forms, report cards, copy of emergency card (very good to see if she listed him as the father) anything that comes from the main office. In many cases, you can talk to the teacher and if you give them evelopes they will mail you the information and any class events. Ask the teacher when he can help out in the classroom. (school visits will probably have to happen after the change in papers since it is now supervised BUT he can get all the school info NOW).  

WhatToDo

Thanks for the advice!

We sent an email to the school principal asking for information but thus far he hasn't responded. I'm sure the mother has told the school not to let my fiance' anywhere close to his daughter and not to give any info. to him. But we'll try going there and see what happens. We think we might know where his daughter goes to school because my fiance' has seen his ex driving, without his daughter,the last 2 weeks in the same area around the time his daughter would be getting out of school. We're going to go see if the school is in this area she's been driving or not. We're kind of unfamiliar with the area so we're not sure if the school is there. I hope someone will cooperate with us if she DOES go to school there.

ocean

call the district number (few schools in area) and see if they will tell you what school child is enrolled in. They usually do not have custody papers there so if you can go to the district office with a birth certificate, you can probably get through.
Good luck!

WhatToDo

"Okay - did you file for contempt or for a change in custody? What you are talking about are two different things altogether. How long till the hearing? I don't know if you should move the date up. When is it set for? It can't hurt to be married already. It presents a more stable atmosphere and it also gives you more of a recognized legal position. Now you are only dads girlfriend no matter how strong your connection."

We are filing for both contempt and for a change in custody. We still don't know when the hearing is. Hopefully our lawyer gets back to us soon on that matter.

The child is very young. She is only 6 1/2. We went 4 months without seeing her the last time the mother disappeared on us. The first time we saw the daughter after these 4 months, she ran up to my fiance' saying "Daddy!" and gave him a big hug. I really hope we don't have to do a graduated reintroduction plan but if it's in her best interest then of course we would do that.

We have sent the letter to the school that's on this site. I jsut mailed it yesterday so we'll see if they respond. I'm sure the mother has already told them to keep any and all information from my fiance'

It just makes me so mad that people can get away with doing this!