Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 18, 2024, 08:25:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More on Terri Schiavo

Started by StPaulieGirl, Nov 21, 2003, 09:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

http://www.lifenews.com/bio156.html

Michael Schiavo Again Seeks to Block New Information About Terri

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
November 28, 2003

Pinellas Park, FL (LifeNews.com) -- On Tuesday, attorneys for Terri Schiavo's estranged husband Michael, filed a legal motion seeking to deny attorneys for Governor Jeb Bush the opportunity to depose witnesses. Bush's attorneys hope to obtain new and expanded information that can be used in a trial opposing Michael's lawsuit to overturn Terri's Law.

George Felos, the assisted suicide advocate who is Michael's lead attorney, and attorneys for the ACLU asked Circuit Court Judge Douglas Baird to disallow Bush's attorneys from taking depositions from seven people.

Michael Schiavo and Jodi Centonze, the woman with whom he lives and has one child and another one the way, are two of the people Bush attorneys want to question.

Felos claims the testimony would be irrelevant and that Judge Baird should only decide whether Terri's Law is constitutional and not reexamine the facts of the case.

Bush's attorneys hope to gain better insight into whether Michael's claims that Terri would not want to be kept alive are true.

Terri left no advanced directive indicating her preference for medical treatment. Michael claimed years after Terri's collapse that he vaguely remembered Terri saying she didn't want to be kept alive artificially.

However, a longtime friend of Terri vividly remembers a conversation they had concerning a woman who had been in a coma for six years. Terri's friend told a crude joke. It upset Terri and she responded by asking whether the doctors and lawyers could possible know what the woman wanted and said, "Where there's life, there's hope."

Judge Baird has been accused of being biased in the case by already saying Terri's Law is possibly unconstitutional, despite Bush not having yet made his case for it. He has refused to step down from the case.

Michael's attorneys have asked Baird to deny hearings and an ultimate trial and instead issue an summary judgment opinion. A December hearing date on the request has been set for mid-December.

This is the second time Michael has attempted to block depositions.

A judge previously rejected an attempt to block the discovery of new information that could be used to replace Michael as Terri's guardian. Terri's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, hope new information can be gathered to prove whether or not Terri was a victim of physical abuse that led to her collapse.

They want Terri's brother Bob Schindler, Jr., replace Michael as her guardian.

The Schindlers are hoping to uncover new information pointing to the need to change guardianship -- including questioning the radiologist who conducted a bone scan on Terri in March 1991 that showed she was possibly a victim of physical abuse.

Felos claims Bush is attempting to intervene in the guardianship lawsuit by deposing witnesses in the lawsuit regarding Terri's Law.

Related web sites:
Terri's family - http://www.terrisfight.org

I don't get it.  If there's nothing to hide, what's the problem?  As some of you already know, the court system is a bad joke.

kiddosmom

Agreed, I do commend Bush on not letting this case be pushed under the rug as many do in this system.
If they can prove this man hurt this woman, he needs to rot in jail with all the new friends he would have. He would have the opertunity to learn what it is like to be someones B*TCH!

StPaulieGirl

This kind of thing goes on more than we all know.  Usually it's about money.  Kids have been known to hasten the death of their parent for money.  It's so hard to have a limited government when there are people like that running around.  I don't think Michael Schiavo will be held accountable for the money he squandered.  Terri's parents don't care about the money.  What worries me is that he could have been responsible for Terri's condition, and the judges are so involved with their own special interests that they can't be bothered to be fair and impartial.  They don't care about upholding the law.  This is where it gets scary for the rest of us...

Kkisum

Its my understanding(I live a county away from where Terri resides) that Terri suffered from a heart attack at a young age.

I dont think that he doesnt care for her as some say. I think that IF he did divorce her and move on would show his lack of love or support for her. Marriage vows state love,  honor, and obey....through sickness and health...until death do you part. He has keep up his end of the bargain. He hasnt left her and moved on.