Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 18, 2024, 10:17:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vacations

Started by NeverGiveUp, Jan 19, 2005, 12:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverGiveUp

I wish it were that good.  There are no stipulations for any vacation time in my order.  I'm more than willing to discuss adding them, however my ex won't entertain such a notion.  She likes it this way because she can hold vacatins over my head everytime she's mad about something.  Which is like . . . . always!!

DecentDad

Ok, if neither parent gets vacation, then you simply inform your ex that you do not agree to her arbitrary decision to eliminate two weeks' worth of your custodial time with the kids.

"I'm happy to discuss, agree to, and stipulate to a vacation schedule.  As part of that, I'm also willing to stipulate that we can both travel freely with the kids during our respective vacations.  However, unless you're willing to recognize that the kids should enjoy vacation with both parents, everyone will lose out."

Then stick to your guns.  If you don't want to go through this every year, then get it in a stipulation and enter it as orders.  If she's not willing to do that, then make sure you get your vacation week first, before she gets her two weeks.

If she takes vacation without your agreement, then you'll contempt her.

While it sucks if it means she gets two weeks for your one week, your week with the kids will be awesome for you (and the kids), and it goes to show (later) that she didn't have a problem with the kids staying a week in your care.

DD