Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 07:39:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Involontary job relocation - Child Custody

Started by jbradfield, Aug 04, 2005, 12:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troubledmom

You did not say what state you are in... but there was some indication that you are in California.

California uses to determine relocation the following factors:

the children's interest in stability and continuity in the custodial arrangement;
the distance of the move;
the age of the children;
the children's relationship with both parents;
the relationship between the parents including, but not limited to, their ability to communicate and cooperate effectively and their willingness to put the interests of the children above their individual interests;
the wishes of the children if they are mature enough for such an inquiry to be appropriate;
the reasons for the proposed move; and
the extent to which the parents currently are sharing custody

The extent to which the parents currently are sharing custody is really major. In cases where there is a significant (which has been determined to be about 65/35 custody time share) time share of the children your chances at relocating the children decrease and the closer you get to 50/50 the closer you come to losing custody.

TM

c_alexander

Although you are trying very hard to make this work, and I commend you for your efforts I just get sick to my stomach when people start talking about custodial parents moving away from non-custodial parents...especially when the ncp IS trying to be a part of the childs life. Like I said I was on teh recieving end of that and to me it was the same as if a strange and come and kidnapped my daughter and held her for ransom. The only difference being that in the kidnapping if I paid the ransom I would get my kid back.  

I know you are trying to provide for your kids, but although I can tell you have made yup your mind I DO urge you to consider the rights of the NCP too. In the end it took BOTH of you to create these children, and in the end like it or not you both should agree.