Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - jilly

Pages: 12 3 ... 51
Try http://www.babysitters.com, call your local child care resources/referral agency or do a search for "babysitters".  Good luck!

North Carolina State Forum / RE: Relocation
« on: May 07, 2007, 07:55:49 AM »
You need to file for an emergency hearing to request a restraining order to keep her from moving out of the State because it will negatively affect your relationship with your son.  Get an attorney!

If there is court ordered child support you can't just "simply stop paying".  You have to file a motion to terminate child support.

Child Support Issues / RE: Over payment in child support
« on: Jun 20, 2007, 11:34:58 AM »
Your husband probably needs to go back to court to have the child support order terminated.  That way they'll stop taking the money out of his paycheck.  I doubt very seriously he'll get back the money that's been paid since his daughter turned 18.

Child Support Issues / RE: Which state - Jilly
« on: May 08, 2007, 07:07:37 AM »
Yay!!! Glad that you were able to get some answers finally.

I will say that the *accounting system* (and I use that term loosely!) NC has really sucks, as you can see by the information they have listed in the case history.  They only really seem to go after the parents that pay on time or at least make attempts to pay while people like your ex (the true deadbeats) are left to go on their merry way.  It's just crazy.

Good luck and I hope you get things worked out.

Child Support Issues / RE: Which state would I file in?
« on: May 06, 2007, 07:36:11 AM »
I'm in NC.  Below is a link to the North Carolina Division of Social Services.  You can check on the status of your case by calling the 800 number or you can use the eChildSupport option to get the information online.  There is a link of FAQs on this site as well which may have information on how interstate cases are handled.

Hope this helps you out.


Child Support Issues / RE: I wouldn't go so far
« on: Apr 18, 2007, 09:01:49 AM »
"DH did mention in a letter last week to bm that he would no longer contact her employer about the matter, that he would contact the proper authorities instead. Last night, four payments posted to his CS account....HMMMM....kinda obvious....."

Funny how that works ain't it?!  LOL

Next time...and we both know there will be a next time...don't even bother contacting the BM.  Just go ahead and file against the employer.  Once she gets the cousin in hot water he'll make sure she does what she's supposed to be doing.

Child Support Issues / RE: I wouldn't go so far
« on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:09:30 AM »
>>I wouldn't go into a major conspiracy, yet. I imagine they
>have someone doing payroll that isn't very bright and just
>knows how to plug numbers in the computer.
>What I would do is send the payroll clerk the paperwork
>showing the order and a spreadsheet showing the amounts
>already missed. I would send it so that the company has to
>sign for it (UPS or FedEx). I would send the head of the
>company the same information stating that it has been several
>weeks and ask that they looki into it for you.
>I think that would clear everything up.
>Best wishes

Problem is the payroll clerk is the BM.  That's why the money is getting sent in like it's supposed to be.

Dipper: your DH is just going to have to file something against the employer.  When it starts hitting their pocketbook may the Ex will straighten up; especially since it's a family member for whom she's working.

So true Kitty!

Four years ago DH got laid off his job. At the same time he lost his job we found out I was pregnant with our DD.  I was working and trying to pay all the bills.  DH was collecting unemployment, which was wayyyy less than what he had been making.  He was still paying (or at least attempting to pay) the court ordered amount of CS to his Ex even though his income had changed.  He was paying every month but it wasn't the full amount every month.  At that time, he wrote checks to the Ex for CS.

The Ex got pissy about him being in arrears and had her attorney send him a nasty letter.  He got smart and filed for a modification.  The MINUTE she got served with the notice that he was filing for a CS modification she realized she'd shot herself in the foot and called him up saying "We don't have to settle this through court."  She tried her BEST to keep him from going back to court because she knew he'd get the modification and she'd end up getting less than what she'd been getting. She even had the nerve to tell DH that her attorney sent him the letter on his own...she didn't know anything about it.  Can you say BS?  Like DH told her, how the heck would your attoney know he was in arrears without her telling him?  Dumba$$ $#%(*.

DH did get the modification and it's taken out of his paycheck every week.  The money goes directly to the State and then they send her a check.  Problem solved.

A few years back we had some bad ice storms and lots of businesses and government offices were closed.  Due to the weather, the State was late in getting checks out.  Ex calls DH trying to get the money out of him.  He told her "Not my problem.  It's already come out of my check and sent in to the State.  Call them to complain about it."   She tried to make him believe she called the State and they told her to see if he'd write her a check.  Yeah...right!  LOL

Child Support Issues / RE: Am I missing something????
« on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:18:06 AM »
It was closed by DCSE but re-opened as private pay to pay her directly.

Pages: 12 3 ... 51
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.