Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - mykidsdad

Pages: 1
Dear Socrateaser / New turn of events
« on: Mar 07, 2006, 06:19:38 AM »
Good Morning Soc,

If you remember my last post, BM had our daughter on Adderall, well we were able to get her oof of it, and BM has given me our daughter for an undisclosed amount of time..

I had taken our daughter to a pediatrician and he said that she was not AD/HD, Igot her inrolled in speech therapy, Ocupational therapy, Behavioral modification therapy, and socialization therapy classes..

She has been diagnosed with a Learning disorder, so BM decided to let me and my wife have her for as long as we needed to get this done, as according to her she does not have the time to work with our daughter, because of work etc..

So now we have had her for a little over two weeks now, she has and is showing great improvement in all of her therapies, BM had her this weekend and when I picked our daughter up this Sunday she has reverted back to where she was when we started therapy..

Anyway onto the questions..

1) None of this therapy is covered by insurance, at a rate of $2000.00 a month.. Divorce decree states we are to split any medical costs that is not covered by insurance.. I have documentation that shows that our daughter does indeed need this therapy, and BM has agreeded to this therapy..

So shouldn't she be legaly responseable for half of the $2000.00 a month??

2) This intense therapy is to go on untill the fall at minimum to get her ready for Kindergarten.. So we will have her atleast untill September..
Do you think that this would be grounds for a modification of child support due to the fact that we have daughter full time and she has our son full time??

3)Do you think we should wait the three months to go for custody, or should we wait untill August or September??

4) Any other suggestions on what we should do??

Thanks in advance for the help..

DUH, I'm not so dumb, I've been practicing!!!!

Dear Socrateaser / Update and some questions
« on: Feb 07, 2006, 03:49:29 PM »
Good evening Soc,

A quick update...

I took my daughter to see a real pediatrician on the 25th of January. He said that it does not completely look like she is ADHD, and requested that she be tested by a child psychologist, and a neurologist.

We are in the process of getting all of her appointments set up, and insurance in place.. I have recently  been able to get her BM to talk with me on civil terms without all of the drama, and we have discussed about most of what is going to need to be done, and I suggested to her, that she let me have our daughter live with me during the course of all of the testing and most of the treatment phases..

BM has agreed to let me do this, as she has told me quote "I do not have time to spend with DD to work with her.." So I told her that I did have the time, plus my wife works for herself, and can plan her schedule around our daughters needs to work with her when I can not..

I explained to her that I have all kinds of help on my side that is willing to accommodate anything that DD needs to go to, or be worked on with her..

The only thing is that my insurance will not cover the special treatments, and diagnosis that needs to be done, which means $1200 dollars for the evaluations, then $1500 to $3500 a month for the different therapy sessions..

By law she is required to pay 50% of all Medical costs that
insurance doesn't cover.. With that said I know that she will not want to, nor will she pay her half of what insurance doesn't cover..

My questions are as follows..  ( We all reside in Texas, and in the same county..)

1) Is it possible for me to get the court to waive my child support for the time that our daughter lives with me since we would each be have a child in our care (we have 2 kids together) ???

2) If not for that reason, could I get a stipulation to wave child support in lieu of her not having to pay 50% of the medical??

3) What would be your suggestion on this??

4) If the therapy lasts for more than six months, like it is supposed to what are the chances of me being able to get custody of my daughter??

Dear Socrateaser / HELP for a Scared DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Jan 20, 2006, 06:23:27 AM »
Good morning Soc,

I have a question that I need your opinion on.

First of all sorry for the long post, but i wanted to make sure you had all of the details..

I live in Texas " Brazoria County", So do all Parties involved.

We have joint custody with the EX having domicile, as far as parental rights we both have
equal rights regarding everything except domicile.

With that said, Here we go.. I was contacted by my ex, and told that she was taking our
4yo daughter to the doctor, which she is employed by, who is a  General Practitioner,
and having her evaluated for ADHD, which she stated she believes she has, because
she had our daughter in his office one time before with her for about 30-45 mins, and
in which that time he told her that our daughter was ADHD.

I told the ex that I did not agree to him making such a life changing decision like this,because
#1 he is no a pediatrician
#2 he is not a specialist in this field
#3 you cannot properly diagnose her until she has had a complete physical and is a 100% "well child"

She has told me that whether I agree or not she is going to take her in and let him evaluate her,
and put our daughter on a "two week trial period of ADDERALL". So I agreed to go with her on 1-25-06
to the appointment and talk to the Dr. Which at that time I plan on telling him that he does not have my
consent, nor my authority to place our daughter on the dangerous drug..

She has had no formal evaluation.My ex has not taken her to a Pediatrician for a physical,
my daughter is constantly sick with allergy problems that the DR. mentioned above has supposedly been treating her for, in which
he has not done any testing of and just gives my ex samples for her to take.. He has had her
on Zyrtec for a year and has now switched her to singulair now.

Well I have done some checking on this DR. and Have discovered that in 1996 he was
arrested by the DEA in an undercover sting operation and charged with four (4) counts of
prescribing Dihydrocodone (Lortab 7.5 mg) a Schedule III narcotic, for other than valid purposes.

 Then in 1996 the court records show this

Filed on 09/05/1996
3rd Degree Felony
Case Information
Current Status: Disposed/CSCD

12/12/1997 - Placed On Deferred Adjudication (original Hearing Only)
Presiding Judge: BEN HARDIN
Probation: 02 Years
Fine: $2,000.00
Court Costs: $151.50
Other Fees: $960.00

Disposition Information
Current Balance: $600.00

Then you go to The Texas Medical Boards website, and this information is on there about said DR.


Action Date:  02/07/1998


Now my question(s) are:

1) What are my legal rights to stopping him from Diagnosing, and prescribing this dangerous drug(s) to our daughter??

2) could you help me type up a letter to him that is worded correctly reguarding this matter, and my objection to him doing so.

Dear Socrateaser / My Kids Need ME
« on: Oct 31, 2005, 07:12:21 AM »
How much more do I need to gain custody of my kids, before they are totally screwed up?
Background, we all live in Texas; Have joint managerial custody with BM having domicile.
The BM has stated she wants to give me custody several times,” have tapings of her saying so. I have had the papers drawn up, but after doing so she has changed her mind.
Fast Fore ward>>
Over the last three weeks my daughter has gotten in trouble at daycare, first time she bit a kid because the other kid had something she wanted that was on 11-21-05, last Friday she chocked a child and left marks on her neck...
BM picks daughter up at daycare and finds out what had happened, so BM proceeds to grab my daughter by the throat and choke her and asks her how it feels to have it done to her??
I have spoken to the daycare director, which whom it was done it front of, and she said she would write up a statement of what happened in front of her for me.

1.)   Could the actions of BM be considered child abuse??
2.)   Does that constitute grounds enough for change in custody??

P.S. I have other documented facts of things of this nature that she has done...
If need be I can post a lot more things, and facts for you to give a more thorough analysis.

Dear Socrateaser / Mother agreeing to custody change
« on: Aug 23, 2005, 12:55:26 PM »

Some background if first, I live in Texas and have been divorced for  almost four years now.. I am the NCP, my xpbfh does not know how to, or is too lazy to discipline our 4,& 6 yo kids, and has a verry nasty temper with me, as much as I try to get along with her for the kids sake nothing seems to work unless it is something to benifit her, anyway I am getting off track here. My question is my ex a couple of months ago told me that if I think i can do a better job of raising our kids to have my lawyer draw up the papers, and she would sing mnaging custody of our kids over to me, basically switch rights that each of us have right now, so i had them drawn up and now she has refused to sign them.. Here is the point of the question, I have all of this on recording, as I tape record all contact with her via over the phone or face to face..
Do I, or would I have enough to take her to court to force the order, I have the on recording on three or four different encounters of contact with her saying the same thing every time..

General Issues / Sad Day If This Happens
« on: Mar 07, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »
ASSEMBLY, No. 1327







Sponsored by:

Assemblyman PETER J. BIONDI

District 16 (Morris and Somerset)






     Makes certain operators of interactive computer services and Internet service providers liable to persons injured by false or defamatory messages posted on public forum websites.



     As introduced.


An Act concerning the posting of certain Internet messages and supplementing chapter 38A of Title 2A of the New Jersey Statutes.


     Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:


     1.  As used in this act:

     "Information content provider" means any person or entity that is responsible, in whole or in part, for the creation or development of information provided through the Internet or any other interactive computer service.

     "Interactive computer service" means any information system, service, or access software provider that provides or enables computer access by multiple users to a computer server, including specifically a service or system that provides service to the Internet.

     "Internet" means the international computer network of both federal and non-federal interoperable packet switched data networks.

     "Internet service provider" or "provider" means any person, business or organization qualified to do business in this State that provides individuals, corporations, or other entities with the ability to connect to the Internet through equipment that is located in this State.

     "Operator" means any person, business or organization qualified to do business in this State that operates an interactive computer service.


     2.  The operator of any interactive computer service or an Internet service provider shall establish, maintain and enforce a policy to require any information content provider who posts written messages on a public forum website either to be identified by a legal name and address, or to register a legal name and address with the operator of the interactive computer service or the Internet service provider through which the information content provider gains access to the interactive computer service or Internet, as appropriate.


     3.  An operator of an interactive computer service or an Internet service provider shall establish and maintain reasonable procedures to enable any person to request and obtain disclosure of the legal name and address of an information content provider who posts false or defamatory information about the person on a public forum website.


     4.  Any person who is damaged by false or defamatory written messages that originate from an information content provider who posts such messages on a public forum website may file suit in Superior Court against an operator or provider that fails to establish, maintain and enforce the policy required pursuant to section 2 of P.L.    , c.    (C.) (pending before the Legislature as this bill), and may recover compensatory and punitive damages and the cost of the suit, including a reasonable attorney's fee, cost of investigation and litigation from such operator or provider.


     5. This act shall take effect on the 90th day following enactment.





     This bill would require an operator of any interactive computer service or an Internet service provider to establish, maintain and enforce a policy requiring an information content provider who posts messages on a public forum website either to be identified by legal name and address or to register a legal name and address with the operator or provider prior to posting messages on a public forum website.

     The bill requires an operator of an interactive computer service or an Internet service provider to establish and maintain reasonable procedures to enable any person to request and obtain disclosure of the legal name and address of an information content provider who posts false or defamatory information about the person on a public forum website.

     In addition, the bill makes any operator or Internet service provider liable for compensatory and punitive damages as well as costs of a law suit filed by a person damaged by the posting of such messages if the operator or Internet service provider fails to establish, maintain and enforce the policy required by section 2 of the bill.

DUH, I'm not so dumb, I've been practicing!!!!

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.