Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - ocean

Are you in the middle of court right now?
Custody Issues / Re: Child Support
Dec 17, 2019, 02:32:55 PM
So he is no longer working there?File against son (ugh) and they will threaten his license or a few nights in jail. As soon as you find out the next job, give info to CS office and see if they can at least get a payment or two in before he quits again. Sad you are still going through this....
Custody Issues / Re: Child Support
Dec 16, 2019, 05:04:53 PM
Have you tried a strong worded letter to the child support state address (enforcement)? Something like you know ex works at xx and that the employer is not sending in the court ordered amount as per there order? I had this issue but it was with the feds social security. I wrote a strong letter stating that the two agencies need to get their act together or I was bringing it to court. They fixed the issue. LOLI know my state has a letter to send to the employer and then it is up to employer to say person does not work there.
I would think thought that def yes, you can sue the employer for not taking out the wages as per court order but might have to come from the state since they are the ones collecting? Might be worth an appt with the state child support office. We can do at certain times and just show up or make appt.Good luck!
Pick you battles.....They are getting older and soon will have cell phones and will walk away on their own. You can text them soon too.

You could file in court to have mother not interfere with phone calls (but will it actually stop her)?You can ask to have counseling and have calls when kids go to the office.
Send them letters with the phone calls so they get mail, another form of communication.

Do you have contact with the kids school/teachers? Many schools/teachers have websites and apps they talk to parents on (Remind app is one of them used here). Ask the teachers if you can be added so you have info to talk to kids about.
Keep trying and just ignore ex trying to butt in. Talk about school, activities, upcoming next trips....
You can try sending ex a certified letter stating "ex, I have been trying to communicate with the kids but you have been taking over the conversations when I am trying to speak to them. If you continue to interfere with the communications with the kids, I will be forced to seek court intervention. The kids need both parents in their life and I try my best to keep communication open even with the long distances between us. "  Something like that....but pick your battles and only you know if you should spend time and money on this.

Good luck!

How old are the children?
Father's Issues / Re: Parental Alienation
Nov 19, 2019, 02:33:33 PM
Wow! we could make that same exact video....scary and sad. The kids lose in the end and the PB never see what they did.
Hi,You would have to ask for a change in visitation to include a specific vacation. Something like: "father would like to bring child on vacation to xxx for xx days next summer. He is willing to give the mother/courts full itenrary with flight information, daily access to child by phone/facetime. This would be in the best interests of child to see father's family. Mother will give father passport for this trip.
Not sure if you will win this but you can file yourself usually without court fees at the family court where your papers were filed the very first time. Good luck!
Did father serve you custody papers? If this hearing is for your child support, then that is what the judge will want to hear and not deal with custody until papers are in front of him. Does dad have/take any visitation now?
Are the parents fighting for custody now? How old is child? At any point you can ask to stop hearing and say you would like time to get lawyer. Also, you may qualify for free legal aid at family court. In my state, the state child support office will file child support for you if you have anything saying you had custody now. Good luck!
We went through this. Suggestion: File to have counseling court ordered for you and child. Find a therapist near you that is willing to take this on. Go see them first. Then file in court naming this therapist so that you can child can start to form relationship. Child needs outsider to help you without mom being there. Keep up with any visits you are allowed and just make a relationship for the two of you and not bring up mom. If child does, just answer honestly and move on. We fought the good fight and lost as mom PAS the kids to death. As child gets older and if you are still there, hopefully they will start to see mom true colors. If their is another incident with the school, ask them to get CPS involved.Sounds like the child may need counseling other than the relationship for you so maybe the counselor can use some time to deal with school/other issues too. Good luck!