Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 20, 2024, 12:22:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Christmas Visit Help in Indiana

Started by ncpneedshelp, Nov 28, 2006, 03:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncpneedshelp

I am non-custodial parent of 2 children. 1 in public school, 1 being home schooled.  Once again I find myself "arguing"/"begging" for time with my children during Christmas Break.   We are in Indiana, different counties.   I am pasting the exact wording from the Indiana Parenting Guidelines.......

B.  Christmas Vacation.

One-half of the period which will begin at 8:00 P.M. on the evening the child is released from school and continues to December 30 at 7:00 P.M.  If the parents cannot agree on the division of this period, the custodial parent shall have the first half in even-numbered years.  In those years when Christmas does not fall in a parent's week, that parent shall have the child from Noon to 9:00 P.M. on Christmas Day. The winter vacation period shall apply to pre-school children and shall be determined by the vacation period of the public grade school in the custodial parent's school district.

Of course we both read this different.  I read it as the vacation period is determined by the school districts vacation.  (12/22 thru 1/7)  Ex reads it as the vacation is from the night they get out of school until the 30th.  Which would be the 22nd thru the 30th.  So they want to split 8 days of vacation as opposed to the two weeks.

1) how do you understand this reading?
2) is it worth it to, once again, involve my attorney?  (if I am wrong, by your standards, I probably wouldn't)

Just need to know which direction to head on this, argue or settle, but HATE settling when it comes to my children!
Thank you!

socrateaser

>1) how do you understand this reading?

Winter vacation for children in public school ENDS on 12/30. The START DATE of the vacation period is determined by the school district rules.

>2) is it worth it to, once again, involve my attorney?  (if I
>am wrong, by your standards, I probably wouldn't)

Nope. You're gonna lose. Sorry.