Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 12:38:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What is the support for?

Started by Mommyofone, Apr 28, 2004, 04:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mommyofone

The order says UPON AGREEMENT both parties will split 50/50 of extra curriculm activites.  Child was doing poorly in school, Father put in writing that he is not to join the baseball team until he works on his grades.  Mother went and allowd child to join, this was in February, In April were try outs.  On April 26th we got a receipt in the mail from Mom from Dicks Sporting goods for over 200.00, saying this is what she got for the child she want's half.  First she has two other Sons playing ball, we don't even know if this was used on the child and we NEVER agreed, how can Mom go on shopping spree and go get this stuff and then send to us to pay half?  Also the receipt was dated back in march try outs were not until April.  Also the school supplies all equipement and uniforms.  Our attorney said to put everything in writing and keep evrything that we didn't agree, but if she wanted she could take us back to court for this.  I don't understand this, if Mother goes and buys things why can she take us back to court if we don't pay half?  There is 50/50 Custody and she still get's support montly.  We also don't get a credit or she don't have to pay us half of anything for things we buy for the child, why can Mom do this?  We have the letter from Feb saying NO Baseball, we also put we were not paying half of the receipt because one it was purchased before he even made the team, two she did not call to have agreement before she did this and three we don't even know if the stuff ont he receipt was for the child.  Any suggestions here?  Mom got a huge decrease in Child Support after 50/50 Custody was given, we are talking she lost over 300 a month, but she still gets about 300 a month.  She pretty much lost half, now she just keeps sending us stuff to pay for things.  

kiddosmom

Pay nothing. Document everything, then let her take you back to court. She will have to prove that it was 'agreed upon by both parents' then she will have to prove it was for the child and not the siblings.
She will lose.

wendl

Personally I wouldnt pay for the equipment etc if that is provided by the school, mom choose to purchase those things.

I know my sons plays ball and has his own catcher gear that we purchased (yes our team provides the gear) I never asked his father to help pay for any of this (I bought it cuz my child wanted it not that he needed it) Nor do I ask my ex to pay for any extra activities, I feel that is what cs is to help with.

Document it and also get in writing that supplies are provided for the team by the school etc.