Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 06:43:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

NEWS - Dad Paid Support for 11 Years after childs death

Started by Wi-Mom, Jun 18, 2006, 06:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wi-Mom

I just thought this was insane..on so many levels. I imagine the mother was trying to keep out of sight so she could keep cashing his checks...  However if he were sincerely trying to find his daughter how hard would it be to find out about her death? (thats a sincere question..I don't know)

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/trn/local_news/article/0,1891,TRN_5784_4756054,00.html

excerpt:

A check in the mail led Daniel Davenport to a terrible discovery.

The Wichitan had lost his daughter, Ashley,when he and her mother broke up in 1988. Ashley stayed in the Golden State with her mother. Davenport left California in 1990 and returned to Wichita Falls.

Davenport lost Ashley again - this time to a fatal car accident in July 1995.

But he wouldn't know about the wreck until 11 years later after, receiving a refund check for child support, arrears and medical insurance from the Texas Attorney General's office.

Davenport pulled the check from his mailbox one day in April - of this year.

When Davenport and his fiancee Kelly Reece contacted the office to question the refund, they were told "the child is deceased and no more payments are required."

A check for $2,160 was all that remained of Ashley's life.

Davenport is sickened by the fact that his daughter's life was shuffled away, lost in 11 years worth of paperwork, like a file on a messy desk.

4honor

"They knew how to find me to take me to court, but they couldn't find me to tell me my little girl was dead."
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.