Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 04:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Any recourse against DCSE?

Started by dipper, Oct 03, 2006, 01:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

WE are in Virginia.  The district office that handles my case has bumbled it so badly.  My ex lives in NC.  This might as well be another country.  First of all, when my ex stopped paying support, they did nothing to make him pay.  then they finally asked NC to take jurisdiction.  I was in fact, told for a year that NC did have jurisdiction.  I called numerous times and was refused contact info for NC.....

So, I finally hit the net and contacted the main office by letter.  I got a response within a week that NC did not have jurisdiction -that VA never responded with necessary information.

VA denied that saying they did send it and NC made the mistake.  Whatever - how did VA not know NC did not have jurisdiction?

Anyway, got support once NC did take jurisdiction -for about 2 months.....then he stopped again.  NC was taking him to court in July and no information since.  I called VA and gave them the most recent address, but I feel this was not passed on.

My ex owes close to $11,000.  What makes me mad is that we know where he is and where he works...but they do nothing.

Then my husband's ex owes him support.  DCSE actually credited her for refunds given to my husband months ago when he took over custody, but his employer had already deducted payments from his check.  the money was refunded to my husband.  Now, DCSE is refusing to take the refunds off the new account - that was set up after the refunds.....

Is there any sort of appeal or grievance guidelines against DCSE for being so rotten at their job?

mistoffolees

No. You can't force the government to do their job.

You MIGHT be able to get an attorney to speed things up. I don't know the rules in your state, but in NY, it was possible to file in court rather than through the state agency to have his wages attached.