Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 11:57:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support, is their a max someone can receive?

Started by aecm645, Nov 16, 2006, 09:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aecm645

I know the maximum child support someone can pay is no more than 50% remiarried 60% single. but what is the maximum someone can recieve in support. My husband's ex is and has been unemployed for 3 years. The government gives her $10,800 in income per year (minimum wage). My husband could pay up to $350 dollars week by the state max. But that would give her $18,200.00 a year in support when she does nothing. Is that fair or is their a limit on how much she can receive based on her "income". Financially Frustrated.

You address a lot of good question in your FAQ's about support but nothing on this one, coudl you add it for others to see?

Thanks

ocean

No there is not a max.....It is stickly by the numbers for the most part. If both parents together make more than 80,000 in my state you can deviate it somewhat....but look at what some people from Hollywood pay in child support.

*I am not a lawyer, this site can be answered by anyone. Many people have been here a while dealing with all types of issues. If you want a question answered from a lawyer...post it on soc's board on this site. He will answer if you tell him the facts and number your questions.