Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 17, 2024, 12:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Restarting child support after age 18

Started by dad52, Jun 11, 2008, 08:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leon clugston

Kinda contradicts all other laws though doesn't it.? A child who is no longer a child at the age of 18 can tell you to get bent, can vote, can serve in the military, can move out, can get a license without youre consent and can be convicted as a adult,,,,and yet here we have the state claiming  you have to be responsible for there monetary needs if the state opts to demand you pay support a benefit by deffinition, a debt that the state creates against you....sounds slightly ambiguous and shows no true state compelling enterest....might add though it doesn't comply with the terms set out in the federal register.
However its his game so he alone has to figure out how he wishes to proceed, but either way, people have the right to know where they realy stand..

Kitty C.

All of this is well and good, but it doesn't change the fact that if the BM wants to get CS again, SHE has to be the one to file for it.  I agree that you do need to do your research and find out about the legalities of the previous CS order and what the school considers full or part time.

But I also agree with a previous poster in that it would be a good idea to set aside money just in case she does decide to refile for CS.  Either way, you'll need it for legal representation at the least and CS if the court decides against you.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......