Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 20, 2024, 08:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Using VA Benefits in Place of Child Support!!!

Started by Foodgod1, Aug 24, 2008, 06:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foodgod1

A judge here in Nebraska has accepted VA benefits in place of child support to the mother.  I am a disabled veteran and my children receive a 100 percent tuition waiver from the state and also receive a stipend to live off of while they are enrolled in college.  This stipend and the tuition waiver are clearly more than the child support would have totaled.  We presented the case to the judge and he agreed with us that since my daughter would receive the checks directly from the VA and they are considered a stipend to "live off of" and support her while in college, then the mother has no right to expect any child support.  This in addition to the tuition waiver would be way more than the child support anyway.  My wife was very angry at the decision.  

Davy

Thanks for serving... forever and always.

One would think that any parent would be extremely pleased for their child to be receive this support.  The child wins !!

It seems her filing was frivoulous on the surface and is a slap in the face to every veteran every where and in total disregard of service-connected disablities.

It is somewhat telling that she is angry.  Does she think CS is a monthly check in her name ?

By the way, is she providing any financial or emotional support to the child ?.