Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 09, 2024, 01:33:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Possible JOb loss = childsupport stress

Started by superdad01, Oct 28, 2008, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

Ok here is my situation.

I might be losing my job in the new year. I make good money now in general labor and in todays economy it would be nearly impossible for me to find a job making as much as I do now.

Due to the whole Nafta thing and all that we would be eligible for 2 years or paid schooling which I would be paid unemplyment to go to school to get an education to find a better job.

HOwever unemplyment pay is much less that I earn now. It would also give me more avaible time with our daughter and possibly a reason to have overnight parenting time since I would be avaible. (which I was not avaible due to my job in original trial.)

Mother now has a degree to be a registered nurse (a higly paid sought after career) yet for the last 5 years has been unemplyed BY CHOICE.

I know it is up to a judge, but I wonder how a court would look at the idea of being unemplyed BY CHOICE to go to school full-time in order to get a job down the road. I would still be paying support yet no where near the amount that I was paying.

Giggles

Most folks I've seen on here wait until long AFTER they've lost their job to ask these questions...by then it's usually a little late.

You may want to go ahead and get the paperwork started for a downward mod based on your loss of job...that way if you do lose it, you can file immediately!!!  Also,  you could file for increased visitation due to the same reason...that is a change of circumstances and the court should visit it...but then again...who knows right?

good luck
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!