Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 25, 2023, 02:00:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dead End !

Started by HurtingFather, Aug 02, 2005, 02:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


My girlfriend and I have been together for 6years. We have two children together, My daughter is 3 and my son is 2. I was recently away and returned to find that she now as a new boyfriend whom she has moved into our home with my two children. She's not letting me see my children. Her new boyfriend convinced her to get a PPO against me because he feared I would retaliate against him. He attemted to recieve a PPO on his behalf and it was denied. He inturn had her request one because a domestic PPO  is issued right away. I have enquired to numerous attorneys and all want a $2000-$4000 dollar retainer. Her and I had joint monies and to say the least shes definately not going to give it to me. I have gone to Friend Of The Court they won't help me. I have gone to the county clerk's office and neither will they. Is there anyone that can? It's been almost a month and a half since I have seen my children after living with and raising them everyday of their lives.I ran a background check on the new guy and he has 3 past felony convictions for domestic violence not to mention numerous other felony and midemeanor convictions. I believe she is brain washed by the man and is ignorant to the adament danger lurking around the corner. I need to get my kids away from there. Can someone tell me what I need to do and how to obtain a custody hearing.


Sounds like your in a situation like I was.  What county are you in?  You need to do everything you can to find an attorney.  I would suggest finding one who will take a smaller retainer and work on monthly or weekly payments.  That is what I had to do.  Your local FOC should have self-help forms to file for parenting time.  I'm surprised that she hasn't mentioned child support.  If she starts a child support case then you can petition the court for visitation or custody with self-help forms.  As far as her PPO goes you should file a motion to have it terminated.  These forms are also self-help.  You shouldn't need an attorney for this.  As long as you have never assaulted her or threatened her then you shouldn't have a problem having it dismissed.  You should document every attempt to see your children and how she handles it.  Do everything that you can to convince the court that she is using the PPO to keep you from your children. You should start calling the police stations that are in the area of the new boyfriends convictions and fill out Freedom of Information requests to see if he has any police reports filed against him that he wasn't convicted for.  My ex's new husband had 6 times as many reports as he did convictions.  This information is very useful.  Are you on your children's BC?  Did you sign a parentage affadavit?  These things all make a difference about how you should approach a situation.