Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:16:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shared Placement

Started by rainbow1, Jul 19, 2004, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow1

Need to hear from anyone in who has had experience getting equivalent overnight consideration from a court in determining their child support obligation. I live in Wisconsin, have joint custody with shared placement. I work third shift and have my child Tues. & Thurs. from school release til 8:00 pm, every other weekend from school release Fri. til Sunday at 8:00pm during the school year. In summer I have the same, plus Mon., Wed. , and the Fri. starting my ex's weekend from 9:00am til 4:00pm. I get three full weeks of vacation time each year and we alternate holidays each year. Wisconsin Law changed Jan. 1st this year and states that equivalent overnights count towards your number of days in figuring the the support amount under shared placement but my attorney says she has not been able to get this for anyone working a back shift, that the court is dismissing any amount of time that is not an actual overnight. The problem being that there is no where to be found a written definition or specific guideline that states what constitutes an equivalent overnight Has anyone dealt with this?

smtotwo

That's right. Even under the old shared formula you could have had the kids all day for 7 days but if they went "home" at night? Too bad for you.