Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:20:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Go Glenn!

Started by MYSONSDAD, May 11, 2005, 08:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

AB 1307 Update, Fathers' Movement in
NY Times, Sunday Show Promo

May 11, 2005

In light of recent developments in the fatherhood movement, and to further future efforts, we are attempting to collect the zip codes of our listeners and readers. Please click here or enter your information in a reply to this e-newsletter.

This week's His Side will be an open line show. We invite you to call the show live at 1-800-439-4805 (lines open this Sunday from 5-6 PM PST).
For those who are outside of our radio stations' coverage ranges, you can listen to the show live this Sunday (5/15/05) via our station's excellent Internet stream at Listen Live. To find out where to listen to His Side with Glenn Sacks on the radio, click here.

Audio of Testimony on California Shared Parenting Bill Now Available

Despite the massive support we generated for AB 1307, the new California Shared Parenting bill, children and the parents they love and need were defeated last week in the California Assembly Judiciary Committee. To watch and/or listen to the California Shared Parenting Alliance's testimony and the opposition testimony, click here.

Besides Assemblyman  Mervyn M. Dymally, the bill's principal author, the two principal testimonies came from family law attorney Denise Placencio and clinical psychologist Lori A. Harral. To read Placencio's testimony, click here. Shared parenting activist Teri Stoddard and others were also impressive in short statements. CSPA plans to continue this fight, and Dymally says he will be bringing the bill back next year.

Observant His Side listeners will note the presence of arch-feminist attorney Kim Robinson among those testifying in opposition to AB 1307. Robinson has a passion for representing move-away custodial parents, including in the mind-numbing Traub case as well as in LaMusga.

New York Times Does Major Spread on Fatherhood Movement

The New York Times Magazine wrote a long and generally positive piece on the Fatherhood Movement on Sunday--see The Fathers' Crusade. The article mentioned several organizations, including Fathers & Families of Massachusetts and the American Coalition for Fathers and Children. The focus of the article, however, was on the UK-based group Fathers 4 Justice, whose spectacular acts of civil disobedience and nonviolent protest have put the fathers movement in  the headlines in the UK and beyond.
I've explicitly endorsed F4J's tactics on the air and in newspapers, including in my address to the 2004 Men's Rights Congress in Washington, DC The Future of the American Father (6/19/04), as well as in  In Defense of Spiderman (Cybercast News Service, 11/11/03), Powder Attack on Tony Blair Done in Service of a Just Cause (Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star, 6/20/04), Nonviolent Resistance by British 'Dads Army' Rocks UK (2/15/04), and Leader of British 'Dads Army' Discusses Group's Rapid Rise, Upcoming Plans (6/22/03).

Fathers 4 Justice is gearing up in the US--stay tuned.
Some activists have expressed dissatisfaction with the New York Times article. However, it's to be expected that there is some carping, negativity, and misinformation in this kind of piece in that venue. Most of the newspaper articles which have been written about things I've done or in which I've been quoted have had similar problems and inaccuracies--we need to keep our expectations reasonable. Our cause was portrayed fairly (more or less) and it got great distribution--those are the things which really matter.

One activist unfortunately omitted from the piece is English freelance protestor David Chick (aka Spiderman). Though Chick is not a member of F4J, his actions have been among the most spectacular fathers' protests. We have set up a website in Chick's honor--see //www.SpidermanDad.com. You can write to David at [email protected].

Feminist Activist Tries to Get Air America Host Fired for Having Me on Show

During my appearance on the Charles Goyette Show on Monday Charles read a letter from a feminist activist who has been attempting to get Charles fired for having me on his show. To listen to the interview, click on listen. Goyette is not a man who is easily intimidated--click here to see what I mean. I've appeared on his show a dozen or so times over the past few years.

We also discussed Oprah's Whitewash of Clara Harris' 'Murder by Mercedes' and the use of false accusations in divorce.

Glenn Discusses Shared Parenting, SB 1082 on KSTE AM 650 in Sacramento
I discussed shared parenting, the fatherhood movement and SB 1082 on Paul and Phil Unplugged on KSTE AM 650 in Sacramento, California on Wednesday, May 11.

Glenn Discusses Male Birth Control Pill on Western Standard Radio in Calgary

I discussed my column Do Women Really Want a Male Birth Control Pill? (Newsday, 4/11/05) on the John Collision Show on Western Standard Radio in Calgary, Canada on Monday, May 2.

If you want to learn about men's issues and take action, attend the 2005 Men's Equality Conference July 15 and 16 in Washington D.C. Planned speakers include: Stephen Baskerville, Dean Tong, Jack Kammer, Dave Burroughs and Glenn Sacks.  The 2005 Men's Equality Conference will be held 3 blocks from the US capitol. Let Congress know about men's issues--this is your chance to be seen and heard.  For more information visit //www.TrueEquality.com.

Trial and appellate lawyer David A. Sibley handles handle divorces, adoptions, child support, and child custody. He normally accepts only cases where he feels real injustice exists and his client is the victim of the injustice. He handles both large and small cases. He often represents the "small guy" against the "large guy."  You can contact David Sibley at (361) 882-2377 or at [email protected]. To learn more, click here.

Wouldn't it be great if you could call a lawyer to answer your legal questions the same way your health insurance allows you to visit your doctor when you're sick? That's what Pre Paid Legal Services Inc. and Subsidiaries does. For $26 dollars a month they answer any legal question you have. An indispensable service for divorced dads, pre-paid currently serves over 1 million families. To learn more, contact independent associate Harry Prillaman at //www.HarryHelpsDads.com or at 1-888-274-2805.

If you own a business or professional practice and are interested in advertising on the show, please contact [email protected]. To support the advertisers who support His Side, go to His Side Advertisers.

To become a His Side supporter and have CDs of all His Side shows for six months mailed to you, click here.  

As always, all information about the show can be found at HisSide.com. I welcome your comments and suggestions.

Best Wishes,
Glenn Sacks
Listen to His Side with Glenn Sacks
GlennSacks.com

Email this E-Newsletter to a Friend

GlennSacks.com / HisSide.com

"Children learn what they live"