Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 07:34:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stop Child Support NOW!

Started by StopNow, May 07, 2007, 05:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StopNow

STOP CHILD SUPPORT FROM MAKING YOU A VICTIM!!!

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF...
• RIDICULOUSLY HIGH CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS?                                      
• "THE EX" CONTROLLING VISITATION RIGHTS?
• WAGES BEING GARNISHED?                                                                                
• BUSINESS LICENSE SUSPENDED?
• DENIED CHILD SUPPORT MODIFICATION?                                                      
• DISCRIMINATION IN COURT BECAUSE OF GENDER?
• DRIVER'S LICENSE SUSPENDED?                                                                          
• FACING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION?
• BEING TREATED LIKE A THIRD CLASS CITIZEN?                                            
• BEING LABELED AS A "DEAD BEAT DAD"?
• TAX REFUNDS INTERCEPTED?  THE LIST GOES ON AND ON!

IT'S TIME FOR FATHERS TO UNITE!!!

WE'VE BEEN PUSHED AROUND LONG ENOUGH BY A LAW THAT ONLY PROTECTS THE RIGHTS OF ONE PERSON...        "THE EX"
Child Support laws are NOT Biblical!!!
JOIN FATHERS ACROSS THE GLOBE IN A CLASS ACTION PETITION AGAINST CHILD SUPPORT.
//WWW.STOPCHILDSUPPORTNOW.COM

mistoffolees

>STOP CHILD SUPPORT FROM MAKING YOU A VICTIM!!!
>
>ARE YOU A VICTIM OF...
>• RIDICULOUSLY HIGH CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS?                  
>                  
>• "THE EX" CONTROLLING VISITATION RIGHTS?
>• WAGES BEING GARNISHED?                                      
>                                          
>• BUSINESS LICENSE SUSPENDED?
>• DENIED CHILD SUPPORT MODIFICATION?                          
>                            
>• DISCRIMINATION IN COURT BECAUSE OF GENDER?
>• DRIVER'S LICENSE SUSPENDED?                                
>                                        
>• FACING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION?
>• BEING TREATED LIKE A THIRD CLASS CITIZEN?                  
>                        
>• BEING LABELED AS A "DEAD BEAT DAD"?
>• TAX REFUNDS INTERCEPTED?  THE LIST GOES ON AND ON!
>
>IT'S TIME FOR FATHERS TO UNITE!!!
>
>WE'VE BEEN PUSHED AROUND LONG ENOUGH BY A LAW THAT ONLY
>PROTECTS THE RIGHTS OF ONE PERSON...        "THE EX"
>Child Support laws are NOT Biblical!!!
>JOIN FATHERS ACROSS THE GLOBE IN A CLASS ACTION PETITION
>AGAINST CHILD SUPPORT.
>//WWW.STOPCHILDSUPPORTNOW.COM
>

Sorry, but your post forgets one thing - the kids.

If you were arguing that we should stop excessive child support, that would be one thing, but you go WAY too far. When you have a child, you have an obligation to support it. Period.

rosegdrose

I second that. You do make a good point. But you helped create this child(ren). If you were still with the mother, your income and hers would be supporting the children. Just because you aren't together anymore doesn't mean that you shouldn't support their livelihood. Child support isn't just for the child but also, the shelter, electric and food.

My dad used to always say, "I wish I could just give you guys [my sister and I] the money." Well, that is stupid to say. If he and my mother were together, he wouldn't be handing us $300 a month, would he? No, he would be paying the mortgage, the phone bill, the car payment and more.

Good Luck!

hoosierpapa4

Maybe you should see the video on the page for "pizza boxes" with deadbeat parents on it and put yourself in the shoes of someone on SSI who's also on the box....

mistoffolees

>Maybe you should see the video on the page for "pizza boxes"
>with deadbeat parents on it and put yourself in the shoes of
>someone on SSI who's also on the box....

I've personally argued quite extensively that the idea of putting faces on pizza boxes is a bad idea, as well.

How does that justify the OP's suggestion that child support shouldn't exist at all?

link16

.... and unfortunately many (not all!) mothers expect the father to continue paying the mortgage, phone bill, car payment and more.... I digress.

In truth, the courts do not care what the mother does with the child support money.  The mother could purchase lotto tickets with the money, be it wrong, right or indifferent, the court does not care.  There are many fathers that need to get that fact though their heads and learn to deal with it.

Regards,
-Jeff

>I second that. You do make a good point. But you helped
>create this child(ren). If you were still with the mother,
>your income and hers would be supporting the children. Just
>because you aren't together anymore doesn't mean that you
>shouldn't support their livelihood. Child support isn't just
>for the child but also, the shelter, electric and food.
>
>My dad used to always say, "I wish I could just give you guys
>[my sister and I] the money." Well, that is stupid to say. If
>he and my mother were together, he wouldn't be handing us $300
>a month, would he? No, he would be paying the mortgage, the
>phone bill, the car payment and more.
>
>Good Luck!

2dvldog

I have joint legal and physical custody of my children. My ex has had 3 more children with her current husband. I work and do ok. I am also remarried and have 2 more children with my current wife. My ex doesn't work and for that reason I have to pay $600 a month. How is this fair? I have the kids as much as she does. But because I work and she doesn't I get shafted.

dipper

Child support IS to help pay for the mortgage that puts a roof above children's heads, and the phone bill that no doubt those children use to call their buddies (and if the parent didnt have, someone may raise that as an issue as to what if an emergency happens? and what if I want to call my child?)...and the vehicle, I imagine the child likes riding in that too.  The NCP is not to be held responsible for luxuries, or the more expensive house, car, etc....but, a reasonable amount toward the care of their children....as one poster said, if you were still married you would be helping to provide these items, its no different just because you and ex didnt work out...

the laws are messed up on both sides of the issue.  My dh paid CS while having custody of one child, the other half the time, paying insurance, and his ex choosing to work part time.

On the flip side, I have custody of two children, my ex chooses not to see them (2-3 times a year he sees them), meaning I am financially responsible 100% of the time..and he pays just enough to keep DCSE from taking him to court...over $11,000 behind and nothing done to him...

Jade

>I have joint legal and physical custody of my children. My ex
>has had 3 more children with her current husband. I work and
>do ok. I am also remarried and have 2 more children with my
>current wife. My ex doesn't work and for that reason I have to
>pay $600 a month. How is this fair? I have the kids as much as
>she does. But because I work and she doesn't I get shafted.

Either you give your ex child support money or it goes to daycare.  I pay an average of $1,300 a month.  My ex's portion is more than $600 a month.  

You just may be saving money by having an ex who stays home with the children.  

And even if you aren't, who is better to watch the kids, a daycare worker or a parent?  

mistoffolees

>I have joint legal and physical custody of my children. My ex
>has had 3 more children with her current husband. I work and
>do ok. I am also remarried and have 2 more children with my
>current wife. My ex doesn't work and for that reason I have to
>pay $600 a month. How is this fair? I have the kids as much as
>she does. But because I work and she doesn't I get shafted.

Well, you could do the math. Let's say she goes to work at a minimum wage job, so she makes just over $10 K per year. Your kids go into child care for $20 K per year (or more!). You'd be paying more than you are now.

That's very close to what I'm paying in support and I have 50:50 parenting time. In my state, they have a formula that takes into account when there are substantial differences in income.

Not knowing the specifics, I don't know the exact situation in your state and, yes, there are some circumstances that are unfair. But that's not an argument to stop child support (see the thread title). It's merely an argument to make it more consistent and more fair (which I support).