Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 10:52:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Need a good fathers rights attorney in York County, PA

Started by momoffather, Jun 03, 2008, 04:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momoffather

recently separated and mother is planning to move 2 children to California, with her boyfriend.  Divorce proceedings have not even begun yet.  Desperately need to find a good attorney to fight for the father to gain custody.  Please pass along any iformation. Thanks.

BrokenDad

I also live in york county Pa.  I have no information on a good attorney as I feel mine was innefective.  I can tell you a little about my story which may help.  About a year ago my ex and her boyfriend witheld our two children from me and moved to southern maryland.  It took me three months to find them and when she realized I found them she immediately came back to file for custody.  I could not file because I didn't have her location to serve her.  Shortly thereafter, at conciliation, she was ordered to return the children to me to start my visitation and was given 4 days to move back, obtain residence in york county and have the children enrolled in school or I would receive primary custody.  I will keep you posted on any other advice I have but I also know that the courts hold in high priority the marital home, if he keeps it, they will most likely want the children to stay there unless she can prove they are better off with her.  Tell him to file first, that will make a big difference as I have learned, especially for child support.  I don't think they are hard on fathers as much as who the defendant is.  Hope that helped a little. 

CuriousMom

I'm in York, too. I can pass along my attorney's name.  I've been happy so far and not billed to the extreme either.  I'll send you a PM.