Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:34:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

She Needs Our Support And Understanding

Started by Brent, Nov 29, 2003, 07:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

I'm sure she just needs our support and understanding.

Woman convicted of kidnapping for involvement in attempted castration

Post Wire Services

November 29, 2003 -- SANTA FE, N.M. - A woman faces 18 years in prison for plotting an attack in which four of her friends assaulted and attempted to savagely castrate her ex-boyfriend.

Melissa French, 27, was convicted of kidnapping Wednesday. Her accomplices - who actually carried out the attack - took plea deals, and will serve shorter sentences.

French was not present in June 2002, when the men attacked Donald Hamilton - putting a Russian assault rifle in his mouth, and later firing between his legs.

They also carved the word "narc" in his forehead with a pocketknife. Hamilton suffered separated shoulders, stab wounds and broken bones.

French was acquitted of kidnapping Hamilton, but convicted of kidnapping his roommate, who was held down during the attack.

French's attorney said her 3-year-old daughter, who has cancer, will be dead and her 10-year-old son will be grown by the time French is freed from prison.

Aarons said French turned down a plea deal that carried a minimum four-year prison sentence.

'After showing the men where Hamilton lived, Melissa French was dropped off at a convenience store while Hamilton was attacked', prosecutor Linda Lonsdale said.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/43318.htm

Indigo Mom

-----French's attorney said her 3-year-old daughter, who has cancer, will be dead and her 10-year-old son will be grown by the time French is freed from prison. -----

hmmmm....maybe something SHE should have thought about before helping to commit this most horrible crime?  I understand the need to feel bad for the kids, but damn...with a mother like that, they're better off in an orphanage!  

I guess I have to put a disclaimer in?  My opinions, and ONLY my opinions.

StPaulieGirl

I saw this article this morning, but figured Brent would post it :-)

She should have thought about her kids before she got her friends to assault her bf.