Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 06:11:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

sociopath

Started by wildcherry57, Jan 14, 2004, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutsdad

It sounds as if the psych evals would do some good in ya'lls case. BUT, they get done on both parties and typically, the requesting party ends up paying for both.

Prices for this range all over, from 500-15000.

But, I still think it would behoove dad to get them ordered.

No joy on finding a attrny in town that will work with him?

If he cant find one that will work with him on the money, perhaps he CAN find one that will proof his documents for him and advise him on a limited basis as he works pro se.

Peanutsdad

One other thing, if he gets the psych eval ordered, dont refer to the bm as a psychpath. Psychiatrist hate when laypeople diagnose.  You arent qualified to make that kind of judgement or diagnosis. Simply state her behavior to the doc, let him do the rest.

wildcherry57

Understood, thanks.  You sound like you have experience with psych evals. My brother is rock solid - no worry about his eval.  We are wondering if wife could fake being normal since she has fooled so many people into marrying her, false police charges, etc.  Can drs see through these people's lies?

determined

1.  Many of these social workers and shrinks are easily fooled (although not any easier than us husbands, so we may not be the best judges).

2.  As long as they are getting paid, there exist shrinks who will testify as to the stability of "patients" at the same time as they are prescribing handfuls of pills per day for.

3.  Forensic psychologists are "trained" to look through the lies.  Nothing is perfect, but they may be your best bet.  In my case it wasn't cheap, but I do feel it was effective and helpful.

wildcherry57

Do you mind telling me how much it cost?