Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 02:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

another custody question

Started by highlonesome, Jan 15, 2004, 12:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlonesome

Thanks to all who replied to my prevoius post -- "general custody question."  So I'm wondering if maybe I'm just not asking the right question.  Is what I should do -- fight for 50/50 legal AND physical custody?  That way there is a written custody determination that ets me what I was talking about before.  Any input?

Peanutsdad

Is visitation/custody possible without a primary custodian being set.

I believe thats what you are asking, correct?

As an answer, anything is POSSIBLE,, providing BOTH parents can agree to it. Notice the KEY element here,, BOTH.

If both cant agree, then noway jose. It wont happen. One parent will be designated as a primary.
Why do you ask? Look at it from the courts view,,, here you have 2 parents, and they cant agree on anything where the child/ren are concerned. So, with that,, either the courts stay clogged up more than they already are by parents with equal say and a complete inability to agree, or ....one parent get designated as primary.
In an ideal world, it wouldnt be required at all,, in a semi ideal world, the primary would always have the childs best interest at heart.

We dont live in an ideal world.  I believe several people have already given you good advise here ;)