Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 28, 2024, 05:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone out there?

Started by forMaddy, Feb 22, 2004, 11:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forMaddy

Kinda disapointing that no one has replied to my first and only post on this board below. Seems like a great group of people here notwithstanding that.
Anyways could someone refer me to a site that can help me write a joint legal/fixed custody PP? I'm tired of fighting and just want this over, its been dragging on for over a yr now and i cant take it anymore. I have given my stbx alot of ammunition this past year secondary to my spiral dive down a gutter of loneliness and bitterness because of losing my child partially.

alex

"Prepare for the worst, expect the best."

oneandonly

This site has a wonderfurl template for parenting plans--and I'd be looking at the rules/codes, etc...for your state too....
Talk to an attorney as well..
best wishes

forMaddy

thanks for the reply. I have done both. Unless I'm overlooking, I've only viewed plans that are strictly fixed / shared custody. Ill keep looking.

MixedBag

I guess that's part of the problem or mis-understanding in getting help.

Peanutsdad

That may be part of the problem. I for one dont understand what you are asking for.

MixedBag

//www.deltabravo.net/custody/typeofcustody.htm

This is an article here that defines different types of custody...

It doesn't mention "fixed"....so help us help you.

forMaddy

Thanks , I see your point.
I'd like joint physical and joint legal custody, however, Im having a fail safe for joint legal only just in case. Thats were im having trouble, not much data on joint legal and the stbx being the sole. Does this help?

warmest regards,

>That may be part of the problem. I for one dont understand
>what you are asking for.

MixedBag

O.K, typed a word wrong on the link below....it's "typesofcustody"

There's two aspects of custody from what I gather in a divorce (and we deal with three in our family).

Legal and Physical

JOINT legal is what you need to go for so that you are still jointly responsible for your child.

JOINT physical pretty much a 50/50 situation....is that possible?

Then I don't understand what you mean by a "fail safe" for only JOINT LEGAL....  

Do you mean a back up plan?

Read the paragraph that talks about combinations of custody....maybe that will help.

Peanutsdad

Joint legal means doodilysquat. If your STBX has sole physical,, you get screwed. Noway nohow do you want anything with the word sole on it anywhere. Regardles of what legal you get.