Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jul 04, 2024, 03:03:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Today is THE day......

Started by Peanutsdad, Feb 26, 2004, 08:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutsdad

Wish me luck,, today is final. With any luck at all, no more court after today.

Kitty C.

I wish you and Peanut all the best and will be praying that it IS OVER, for you both!

Let us know how it goes....as soon as possible, please?  There are those of us here who will be waiting with baited breath!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

I suspect TODAY belongs to Peanut and you.  We are anxious to hear and hoping for the very best !!!

I have a very pertinant and particular 'happy' question for you but it is not in any way to interfere with the expected joy of TODAY and can wait.

Congrats in advance for all good things !!!

Indigo Mom

Good luck, PD...I hope everything goes great for that little Peanut!!!!

Peanutsdad

We've been reset. The presiding judge for the 303rd district passed away.
Originally, 2 other judges were going to split the docket until a new judge was appointed. It became apparent that they were unable to do this, so all cases in our court have been reset with new docket calls.

Sooooooo, we now have docket call AGAIN,, on may 10th and no idea when we go to trial after that.

So,, a few more months to go ,,,AGAIN,, AND my ex informed us that regardless, she'll file an appeal of any decision. That no way no how would she agree to anything, period.

Not that I expected her to,, hell, we ended up having to motion the judge to sign our orders because she refused to sign last time.

richiejay

She may threaten appeals, but they are awfully expensive.  I wish you all the luck in the world.  It sometimes can be a slow, painful process..but it is worth it.

Peanutsdad

From her attitude and words today,, she also doesnt understand the appellate process at all.

Heck, she didnt understand how to appeal a temp hearing,, much less goin full guns on a appellate court.

richiejay

On a different note, if you do end up winning, expect one royally pissed off bitch!  I know...I won, and boy is she STILL pissed (5 years later). She has taken me to court 4 times since the original custody trial to get the whole thing opened back up again because somehow she feels she got screwed. Anytime there is a hiccup in my boy's life she regards that as a "change of circumstance" . Luckily, the judge hasn't bought any of it.  Keep us posted on the outcome...

Peanutsdad

Oh well HELL!! Is THAT all?? LOL,, mine is pissed off already and I dont see THAT changin anytime soon.

patton

Just a little note for you peanut, when the AG office here in Texas decides to finally go after the child support, they will not take payments, once they get the ball rolling she will have two weeks to pay up in full or go to court.

No expense to you I might add.