Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 10:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

We're going against atty's advice.

Started by tulip, Apr 01, 2004, 10:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tulip

We have a hearing scheduled on Mon to talk to the judge about what happened on Christmas--many of you know about that. Also, since dh lost his job, we have filed a motion to have cs changed. Our atty has advsd us over and over that asking the judge to change custody would not be a good idea, because she may just give it back to bm.

But we have made the decision that dh can't sit there and LIE and say that he thinks joint custody is the best thing. Today we are submitting an affidavit detailing many of the problems in the last couple months relating to bm's crystal meth addiction. We're hoping sd will give us a picture of her from a few months ago so we can show her drastic change in appearance. BM is hiding right now, she is very paranoid, and keeps saying no one is going to see her until court.

My brother is a recovering meth addict, and he has given us lots of information from his past experience and things he has learned at his meetings. Last night I asked him if he knows how long this drug will stay in someone's system for a urine test, and what he told me is really scary. They probably will not do a follicle test, because they are very expensive. Also, he told me that he thinks 2 days, and it's out of your system. Well, if she quits 2 days before court, she will most likely be too sick to go to court. But he also told me that there are pills you can get that mask the drug and you can take them the day of the test and pass without ever quitting! I sure hope that she doesn't know how to get these.

We don't know what to expect from this hearing at all, and I'm very scared.

wendl

Prayers to you during all this, let us know what happens.

Peanutsdad

The hair follicle test is not really anymore expensive than the urine test. In our hospital, we routinely do tox screens on patients and after speaking with many MANY patients about the results, I have seen positive results 96 hours out from last use of either cocaine or meth.

If she is hiding out from everyone prior to court,, she MAY be trying to get clean NOW. Well before a court appearance.

The surest way to have her drug use in court,, is for her to get arrested for it.

patton

My cousin had the hair test done three days after she was given cocaine (5 yrs old).  The test showed positive traces.

It was enough to warrant a report and get CPS involved in their usual proactive way.  Basically no reaction from them, minor investigation and poof their gone again.

tulip

She has been calling to talk to the kids, and sounds like she's "up there." Last time she "quit" or "ran out" whatever, she was so sick she couldn't get out of bed for 3 days. If she does quit right before court, I think she will be too sick to go to court. I just hope she doesn't know how to get those pills to mask it, because then she will probably go to court high and still pass the test and go "ha ha I win"

We just filed the affidavit yesterday, so she doesn't even know that this is going to be presented to the judge, unitl today, if she goes home to get her mail.

DH talked to the social worker at ss school, so they are aware of it. She told him to call CPS and drug task force. Both said they can't do anything. But the guy at the drug task force said that our county has been very good about  permanently removing custody from mothers who are addicted to meth. He said that the judges here are just fed up with it, and history has shown that less than 10% of addicts with this drug fully recover and stay off it.

Last night bm missed ss concert at school, and he called her to ask why. She said "Your dad wouldn't let me go." This is a lie and dh told him that. Then ss said "She's out and about with her friends." Pretty sad.

maxwell

>The hair follicle test is not really anymore expensive than
>the urine test. In our hospital, we routinely do tox screens
>on patients and after speaking with many MANY patients about
>the results, I have seen positive results 96 hours out from
>last use of either cocaine or meth.
>
>If she is hiding out from everyone prior to court,, she MAY be
>trying to get clean NOW. Well before a court appearance.

My attorney assured me there are numerous ways to beat a drug test. The BM is my case was 2 months late in getting tested after the first court order. She was clean then (hair test).  The test cost about $100.

At this past hearing the GAL noted her previous lateness to the Judge (and has suspicions about drug usage). The Judge ordered her directly to the center to be tested. She was 45 mins late and negative again. HOWEVER the Doctor did note that her hair had been chemically treated and he could only get a very small sample (1cm) and therefore the test could not go back that far. (We don't know if she stopped on the way to bleach it or it was treated prior though the attorney says it doesn't matter now.)

Be sure the facility looks for things like this (e.g., masking agents) as even if the test is negative, it may not be conclusive that the person is not using drugs (particularly those who know the "system").