Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 09:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My brothers case

Started by auntieiyah, Apr 01, 2004, 09:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auntieiyah

My brother's wife has filed for a divorce after leaving state saying she she was visiting family.She then stated after being gone 2 months that she had an affair and that their 5th child was probably not his.She called our family saying she wanted to work things out and her family would not fly her and the children home.So my mother spent 2000.00$ to fly her back She came home and now has went back to the other man (who has money) and has made a bunch of false accusations which we believe we could prove in court however the 3500.00$ my mother put out for my brothers lawyer has ran out and they are threatnening to drop his case. The mother before leaving was threatning to kill herself and the children but with all her accusations the court has let the children remain with her.Our family has tapped all of our money and cannot afford to even get 1000.00$ more and the lawyers want 3500.00$
She has stated to numerous people she knows we are tight and plans on dragging this out ...she wants sole custody so she can leave state in a few years to be with the other man.She is physically unable to care for the children and my brother just wants joint custody. She has numerous medical problems. My question is does anybody know how he may obtain a lawyer to take over his case pro bono or even on payments. If she wins she has stated we will never see them again...by the way my brother lives in Alaska if that helps....We have stopped her from running state once and that is why she is so angry with us I am scared if she wins that will be it.

Kevinswife

We are in Alaska too and the court system stinks.  We have been in court with the ex for 12 years now and the court doesn't seem to think the mother does anything wrong.  The judges up here are all for the mothers and don't give much thought to the fathers or thier roles in the childs life.

We are now back in court because the daughter came to live with a month ago and wants to stay.  The mother was ordered to do different things and she has yet to do them after four weeks.  One of the things she was suppose to do is sign for the daughter to see a counselor.  Mother has refused.  She has refused to give the daughter her belongings stating that she can let her father buy her new things.  We are still paying 1100.00 a month in support and the daughter is living with us.  

We go back to court on April 22 and my husband and step daughter think we have so much against the mother there is no way the court will send her back.  But with our experience with the courts in Alaska, I have no faith.  She is acting no different than she has done in the past and she has always gotten away with it so why is now different.  My step daughter is almost 17 so our fight will soon be over.  The judge that we are in front of now doesn't even want to listen to my step daughter and what she wants.  We always thought at a certain age the child can choose he is not even letting my step daughter that will be 17 next month.  She has said she will not go back even if he tells her she has too.  We will see what happens later this month in court but I am hoping for the best but expecting the worse.  

I'm sorry to tell you this but with our experience up here in Anchorage the fathers really are the bad guys.  Maybe you guys will be lucky and get a judge that we haven't dealt with yet.  Or maybe you will catch them on a good day. It really irks me that the judge can sit up on his throne and hear what one side has to say and let the other respond and make a life long decision in a matter of hours.  A childs life is in his hands and it only takes him 2 hours to hear 17 years of a child life.  Thats crazy to me.  Anyway, good luck and keep fighting.  I am really a strong believer in what goes around will come around.  It might take 17 years but in the end it all comes out.