Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 03:44:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How to enforce Order?

Started by maxwell, Jul 23, 2004, 01:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwell

Well my case is over with BM but now I want to lend a hand to the Grandma of BM's eldest son.  Here is the short of it:

BM abandoned and lost custody of her (now 14 year old son) during his first year. Son's Grandma then got custody and raised him. BM tried to get custody back in 2000 but was rejected by GAL, Psychologist and court.  The Order from that case states that Grandma maintains custody and unsupervised visitation to be worked out.  Grandma let BM take son in 2000 for summer but BM then moved to another state with her 3rd husband and never returned son. Son got to visit Grandma a few times afterward but has not seen her since last year since Grandma wrote an affidavit supporting my case (I recently won sole custody of my son) - and BM is blaming eldest son for recent case with me, and also telling lies about Grandma (son sneaks in telephone calls to his Grandma sometimes).   Grandma has no money after going bankrupt fighting BM in 2000 and is now a little bit ill and doesn't feel she can comfortably take care of the 14 year old but would like to see him. Son does have history of violence (e.g., school fights) and other psychological disorders he had been treated for earlier. BM admitted in my case buying a shotgun for son, not knowing where key to the lock for it is, nor if there is any ammo around the house for it (this worred GAL immensely).

So, my question -- what legal filings can Grandma make to enforce the 2000 Order (which actually provides her custody of the grandson)? I want to help her and will call the court house (in SC) soon I suspect.

BTW - Dept. Social Services in SC seem useless.

Unfortunately BM is very ill and won't go see a Psychologist and even her second ex-husband is now going to challenge her (again) in court for his son's custody also.  (BTW - my GAL recommended supervised visitation for BM which the court upheld.)

thx!