Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 20, 2024, 11:48:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forensic Psychologist

Started by Reyna, Aug 27, 2004, 06:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyna

Our report came back yesterday. Our attorney called shocked beyond belief.  He said in all his 20+ years he had never seen a report so unprofessional and bias. He called another Forensic Dr and that Dr said this was is 18th complaint about our Forensic Dr in the last month. All of the complaints the same, totally bias report and totally off the mark as to who the bad parents are.  My step children are being abused by their mother and her new husband.  This has been proven by CPS and the Law Guardian also believes, so all we needed was this report to be able to get those kids out of a horrible situation and give them a loving home.

The report which we can't actually see is so one sided. It's like they say the mother is very "cold, stern and has no parenting skills. This causes her great frustration so she lashes out violently at the children. She was obviously abused by her alcoholic mother" Then says my husband and I when with the children are too happy. How the heck can you be too happy. I was raised in a very affectionate family and I have passed that on to my kids. Oh and the Dr never made the step dad take the huge test we did or be a part of the family observation...the reason was "he is of extremely low intelligence and would not have been able to understand the questions and he was too busy for the familt interview" He has had 6 jobs in the last 6 months, he keeps getting fired., now we know why.

The Dr's recommendation is that we not see the kids for 6 months and then get 1 hour supervised visitation.  We about died. We have never ever done anything wrong and yet for whatever reason this Dr. took a dislike to us and slammed us in the report. We are all these kids have and now they want to take that away and leave them with this sorry excuse of a mother.

We also found out that CPS was asking for an immediate emergency removal and this Dr. called and talked them out of it.  Can he do that?

I guess my question now is can we fight this? Will the Judge also be able to see this report as being unprofesional? Our attorney says we have many options and will sit down with us next week to go over them. We are just sick over this, how can these Dr's ruin lives like this?  The Dr said in the report the "mother admits to hitting and abusing the kids", but that is OK? I have lost all faith in our legal system, it is a joke.

onedaddy

I am absolutely horrified by your story.  We met with our forenscis psychologist yesterday for the 5th time and are involved in an extremely similar situation.  The children live with lies, violence, abuse yet it is us who must prove ourselves.
What state are you in?  How was this FP chosen?
I beleive on //www.searchsystems.net you can check out professional liscenses and you should be entitled to any disciplinary actions or complaints filed against him and bring this to the judge.  
I feel for your family.  
Good luck!