Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:04:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

She sold my nephew

Started by 1016, Aug 29, 2004, 04:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I 'm writing on behalf of my brother who has Parkinson's disease. About 3 years  ago My btother and his girl friend decided to have a child together, however, when she was 8 months's pregnant she said she was going to visit her mother in Minnesota. Whwn she returned 1 month later and without the baby she said it died during birth. Of course my brother was immediately suspicious since she never called or would provide any details. To make a long story short, much later she told him in fact she Gave the baby up for adoption in New Jersey. My brother is the baby's father and wants the child to know his father and family. The organization who received the child will not acknowledge him at all since they were not married and she said the fathers was unknown, even tho my brother went with her on many of her pre-natal visits. Does anyone  know who can help us? We know that the adoption agency received a red flag about a Biological father before the transaction took place. Can anyone help us or point us in the right direction?
Thank you!

MYSONSDAD

Have you thought to check the State statues? Check the State where child was born and what State adoption took place. Read carefully on adoption laws.

I would be out finding the best damned Family Law Attorney I could find. Make sure they are up on adopting issues.

I would also get documentation of his being with on those doctor appointments.

Lawmoe

Unfortunately, adoption record s in Minnesota are not a public record and are extremely difficult to acquire unless there is a medical emergency.  Moreover, there is the added complication that the father was never adjudicated thus reducing his access to any records.

Finally, since three years have passed, what do you hope to accomplish?  No rights can be bestowed on the biological father or his familyat this point.  trhe best that you could hope for is to hope that the adoptive parents would share your message with et child and allow some contcat or, years from now, allow the child tomake that decision.