Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 06:30:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

URGENT! NCP threatening not to return child! HELP!

Started by Wi-Mom, Oct 02, 2004, 04:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wi-Mom

I really don't know what we're going to do. I suspect that she's gone to social services or wherever people that constantly live off the system go to get custody and child support established. I bet she was there first thing this morning... before registering her son for school. My DH's attorney said that it will take her no time to have a new stipulation & order established and he imagines it will come in the mail within days. He had no recommendations to DH  about any of this - considering he didn't want to fight her. He said CSE will take care of the rest.

My concern is that whatever order she comes up with will have other things in it such as establishing visitation (as she sees fit) and tax issues.. things that were already established in their original divorce. The stipulation & order we paid our attorney to come up with ONLY addressed placement and specifically said nothing else in the original divorce decree was to change. WE wanted to keep it fair.

I don't know how he will face his son again. He is absolutely dejected and feels utterly betrayed. Especially when he found out from my son that he had planned exactly this back on September 7th after a phone call with his mom. DH's son told my son all about it.. and it didn't occur to my kid to tell us.. until it already happened. Had we known.. perhaps we could have prevented it.  My son forgot about it.. but when he heard what happened he immediately recalled the conversation.

nosonew

I can sooo relate...you have a pm...

MYSONSDAD

I know your pain. When my STBX left with our son, I did not see him for three months and missed all the important first holidays, including his first birthday. The only way I can explain the loss and emptiness, it is almost like someone died. That is how deep if felt.

I know that your SS will someday realize that he may have made a mistake. He changed his mind this weekend, there is nothing that says he won't change it back. She may have made promises she won't be able to keep and kids that age hate being lied to.

Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence...

"Children learn what they live"

Kitty C.

It IS like a death...........with one BIG difference.  In death, you KNOW that person is gone and never coming back.  In cases like this, you KNOW that person is still alive, but it's like they might as well be dead.  So you're left with this huge hole in your heart, knwoing that they're just out of your reach.......and you can't see or talk to them.

And in instances like that, it's worse than death.............
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MYSONSDAD

That is what is killing me. Knowing I can't have contact or information until my Parenting time...

Only time I exist is when CS is due.

It is worse then death.

"Children learn what they live"

Wi-Mom

We're walking around in a cloud going over and over the events from sadness, to anger, to dispear, frustration.. with one added emotion..TERROR.. what the heck she's going to do to us next.. she's incredible when it comes to using the system and it's unbelievable what she's managed to do to us so far. Even when we heal from this "death" we will continue to live in fear for the next 7 years when their daughter turns 18.

Davy

Not meaning to offend ... a parent does not tell a child 'bye' or threaten the other parent (arrest mom) or disconnect from the child's current school situation etc.  

Dad should focus and act to protect the children and step should fully support all endeavors.  Many have seen much worst over a much longer time period.  Needless to say ... these children are headed for trouble.

Amend this situation.  Don't allow this sicko to continue......  

MixedBag

and I'm not sure I agree with the idea of just letting the kid go based on what's happened.   But I guess they know their situation the best...

Sunshine1

That's it??  Good bye?  After all of that?

I can't believe you went to all that trouble get him to live with you in the first place and then the one time she freaks out to not meet you and the "child" tells you what is going to happen and how things are going to be, you let him go?

I am terribly sorry I can not feel pity in this situation.  There are millions of parents on here that go through this EVERYOTHER  weekend and one visit since July she doesn't return them, and you give up!  I just can't believe it.  I am in utter shock and when I came back to read these posts my jaw hit the floor.

Are you insane?  It is not about her, you should be side swiping this PAS crap the moment she started calling everyday when you aren't home.  Block her number from the hours of 8-5, record phone calls.  Get the kid in therapy so he can express what his so called mother is doing to him.  Protect him, that is what his father is for.."didn't give him a chance to be his father???"  What?!!..You gave up on him.

You have the papers guys that say he is to be with you, go and get him and mold him so he doesn't turn out like his mother and into a statistic!

I am sorry if I offended you, but c'mon..goodbye, I refuse to tell you what you want to hear.

Lawmoe

Tell her that if she does not return the child, you will contact law enforcement to enforce the order and any future parenting time would have to be addressed by the Court.

If law enforcement fails to act, which they sometimes do considering the matter a civil issue, you should immediately proceed to Court on an ex parte order to return the child to your care. Such orders must be enforced by law enforcement.