Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:35:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fathers rights

Started by ajn, Nov 19, 2004, 05:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajn

Hello. I am writting on behalf of my fiance, who has a 4 year old daughter. I am trying to give him as much help and support as I can. Last year, the mother, who has custody moved the child to New Mexico without his consent, anyway, every time he tried to call to check in, he was denied-the child often stays at grandma's. This past week the grandmother got a hold of him and said that the mother has been deployed to Iraq active duty army. The mother did not leave any power of attorney or guardianship for the child. My fiance has flown down to make sure she is safe etc and wants to bring her back home on sunday. He has called military liasons in Iraq to inform his ex wife that htis is what he plans to do, as legally we are under the impression that he has  the right to keep the child while the mother is gone. He is also suing for custody in March of 2005. The mother has not responded, but the cops showed up at  the home of the grandmother where the child and my fiance are staying. Supposedly the mother wants a friend to take care of the child and this friend was in the police car. The grandparents want Mark to take ashley home. They also live on a native american indian reservation, and this all gets more difficult by the minute.  My fiance has a lawyer, but Im just looking for any type of support or comments/suggestions. There has been neglect and abuse with this child-sleeping on the floor with animals and sores on her head, and the school said the child has been wetting herself alot at school. This was told to my fiance by the school and the grandmother who witnessed this first hand at the trailer the mother and child were living in, before the grandmother decided to remove the child and she called my fiance. Thanks for any help and assistance.

AJN