Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 03:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

3 year old Brooklynn

Started by The Ulrichs, Jan 13, 2005, 11:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ulrichs

I am Brooklynn's Grammy. She lives with my son, her dad, with my husband and I. We have just been through the most rediculous hearings. My son has custody of Brooklynn but the courts have given her mother 2 weeks every quarter plus 6 weeks in the summer. The problem is that her mother lives in Arizona. So Brooklynn's Dad flys Brooklynn down and comes home and Brooklynn's Mom flys her back and goes home.

I can not fathom why the courts would do this to a 3 year old child. Brooklynn does not understand why her Mom doesn't live by her or why we keep taking her to her Mom's and then leave. When she returns home from Mom's she is a monster, screaming, distressed and totally uncooperative.

We have proof which we tried to show in court that Mom is doing drugs at least including marijuana and pain meds. She is a compulsive lier and is trying to make money by prostituting. The courts just DO NOT CARE!!!! They would not allow the information in court because of a technicality. All we are asking is that they give Mom a drug test to see what is in her system. If she could just get some help we wouldn't be quite so upset about Brooklynn going.

We also do not understand why the courts think it's okay to make Brooklynn go down to Arizona instead of Mom coming up here where Brooklynn has lived for the past 3 years. It's no wonder we have so many screwed up people in this world. The courts seem to have no regard for this poor child and we have to assume there are many more out there.

We are going to start investigating a guardian ad liteaum to see if we can get advocation for Brooklynn.

Are there any options now that the custody trial is over?

Grammy

ksmomof2girls

Genie

of the distance.  BM sees her 2 week every quarter and 6 weeks in summer.  

How could she possibly come up here to visit her for these lengths of time?  Where would she stay?  How would she work?  There are so many variables here.

With long distance visitation, the court makes every effort to make it work the best way and there is no way she could come to you to visit.  Other CPs have tried this in the past and it just doesn't fly in court. It is actually seen as a tactic to limit the time the NCP spends with the child.

As for the drugs and prostitution that is very hard to prove.  And alot of times marijuana isn't considered that bad. If you are in court and you suspect she is on something, your son or attorney should state that and ask for her to be tested. Offer to pay for it if she can't.

This is hard and the court will do everything possible to make sure there is a relationship between Mom and daughter.

As for the adjustment it is hard but it probably her age has alot to do with it. Also the fact that Mom may not discipline her like you guys do and may just let her run wild which means she has to get used to rules etc again.

Hopefully a gal can help you out with this but unless you can come up with something serious she is doing wrong I don't see them changing it at all.  Sorry. I know it is frustrating.