Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 16, 2024, 08:40:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Feeling helpless

Started by stillsober34, Mar 27, 2005, 05:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillsober34

Thanks once again. I understand the nature of perceived "threats". I dealt with that too! The letter I wrote was short and to the point. I let her know I wasn't happy about the lack of visitation, and that I just want what any father wants- communication with his child. I let her know that I don't want to complicate or disturb her life. I told her that I would like to know what place she will agree to supervised visitation according to the last court order signed by the judge. I let her know that I was now perfectly willing to follow up with a charge of contempt, or whatever else it takes in the legal system to see my child. I said in the letter that I would expect a prompt reply, and gave her three different options to communicate with me. If she doesn't reply within three weeks or so, I will send a copy of the same letter registered mail. If it is refused, I will add it to my collection of damning evidence. What I really need to know is how to go about either getting a new court date and mediation, or how to file for contempt. I hope I won't have to win the lotto to see my kid eh? I got past being angry a long time ago. I am determined, but not very knowledgeable or wealthy. There is a hole in me that I cannot fill.

Kboeds

sorry stillsober, I don't know anything about California law. I have searched and searched to see if I can find anything on a Friend of the court type service there in CA but haven't had much like.
I did find this site

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/

Maybe you can start there. Part of my problem in looking is I don't know where things are or anything about the counties. It looks like different counties offer different services.

I guess the only thing I can really offer at this point is support and an ear, or an eye as the case may be here. lol

Keep us informed.

KB

stillsober34

The link you sent was nothing less than the answer to every question I could possibly ask. It contains the forms for every sort of situation, where to get them, what time the offices are open, how it works, how to go through the different steps involved, the costs, EVERYTHING. Thanks again for your help with this. I sent one letter to the ex. I will send another registered mail. If I get no response or cooperation, I will begin the court and mediation process. I imagine that the judges and mediators will find that it is a good idea for my daughter to see me.