Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Feb 21, 2024, 06:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unemployed, what now?

Started by ggolly, Dec 19, 2008, 12:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


I am newly unemployed due to plant closure/layoff.  I am required to provide healthcare.  My child is on Medical Assistance and Ramsey County handles payments.  What should I do?  Thank you.


file a motion to change child support and health care support, ....

get other party to pay for it


You should file a motion right away, as that is when the clock starts ticking,,, for getting your CS reduced otherwise you will still owe, even though unemployed.  MY DH had that happen to him and it was a 40% difference in income, and that is how it played out for us.  Good luck to you and if you are interested I have a list of really good websites to job search that was sent to me from the MN Workforce.