Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 03:30:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mom is breaking court order schedule....

Started by tylersdad, Jan 07, 2009, 06:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylersdad

We both got 50 50 custody.  court order exchanges are every monday, wednesday, and saturday.  But she likes to party w/ new boyfriends and I end up keepin him for more than 4 days almost every other week.  I dont like this schedule because its not routine, and my 2 year old isnt adjusting to daycare.  And I KNOW for a fact its bcuz of this sporadic schedule.  Ive been writing all the exchanges down in a journal notebook.  When I go back for modification of custody order, Will this notebook help me convince a judge to change it to a week on week off with exchanges being done every Sunday at 4 pm? Also this is more economical and I only have to argue with sons mom one day a week instead of three.

Waylon

Quote from: tylersdad on Jan 07, 2009, 06:33:52 PM
When I go back for modification of custody order, Will this notebook help me convince a judge to change it to a week on week off with exchanges being done every Sunday at 4 pm?

To successfully request a court-ordered change in custody, one of the requirements is that the court must find that a "substantial change in circumstances" has taken place since the initial (or previous) custody determination was made. The fact that you're taking care of the child more may be something the court will take into account. This article has more information about making changes in custody:

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/circumstances.php

Quote from: tylersdad on Jan 07, 2009, 06:33:52 PM
Also this is more economical and I only have to argue with sons mom one day a week instead of three.
In general the court won't consider what's good or economical for you, only what's good for the child.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.