Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 06:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Father in Oregon child in California-Mother refusing to let child go

Started by aubreesdaddy, Mar 26, 2009, 01:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aubreesdaddy

I am a father of a 3 year old girl who lives with her mother in California.I am currently living and working in Oregon and DO NOT plan on leaving as im making a good life up here.However, since me and my daughters mother split up i have not really gotten to see her and it hurts me.I need my daughter in my life just as much as she needs me.I have pleaded with her mother to let me have her for awhile to which she tells me no and it seems as if she is doing this to be selfish and spiteful because she knows how much I care for my daughter and want her around.My girlfriend and i are soon to be moving into a two bedroom place and would like to know what to do to get some sort of custody situation worked out as we both want my daughter to live with us.Bothe me and my girlfriend work hard pay our bills and can support her where as her mother has NEVER worked,lives off welfare and still lives at her father's house.HELP!!!PLEASE!!!I dont want my daughter to grow up like that and i know the life we have for her up here is what she needs and will make her happy.So please help!

gemini3

You need to go file for joint custody and have a visitation order written up.  It's unlikely that you will get full custody, but you should be able to get some sort of joint custody and get a visitation schedule so that your ex can't continue to keep you from your daughter.

How long have they been living in CA?  Did you move from there, or did she leave with the child?