Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:58:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wife won temp cust. Took kids out of state.

Started by klimbat, May 10, 2009, 06:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klimbat

My wife won temporary custody of my two kids on may 27th. By april 1st they were already on their way from Maine to Georgia where her mom lives. I got pictures in my email box of my daughter celebrating her 3rd birthday without me. I was awarded visitation every other weekend. They are trying to bait me into going down there to visit by paying my way for a flight, but refuse to bring my kids back here to see me with excuses ranging from my kids being afraid to be away from their mother to excuses like swine flu.

This weekend I was supposed to have them and did not. I already have a lawyer on the case to file a contempt of the visitation order. Her lawyer has called and harassed me before I had representation. Threatening to lobby for 0 visitation if I didnt comply by going down there to visit. On a side note she also has an investigation pending against her up here due to a sexual relationship she had with a 16 year old boy (she is 34)

What else can I do on my own for legwork to get my kids back? Does anybody have a familiar situation that has happened to them? Her argument for leaving was that she could not support herself financially up here, yet her mother can afford to fly me down to visit and fly her back here for every court proceeding?

Kitty C.

Sounds like she ran, and not necessarily from you.  If there is an investigation pending against her where you live, then she will have to return to answer for it sooner or later.    When was this investigation started and does it coinside closely to when she left?  One thing I am confused about is that you mention she obtained temp. custody on 'May 27th' and left on 'April 1st'...........did you mean May of last year or actually March of this year?

One thing to keep in mind is that you and your atty. should keep a VERY close eye on the pending investigation.  If she does have to return (and it sounds like your kids are not school-age), she should bring them with her to give to you while she's dealing with the investigation, especially since she only has temp. custody.  But if she leaves them with her mother and she's gone for longer than a week, then her 'story' that they cannot be away from her is pure baloney.   If that happens, demand that the children either be sent to you or go get them yourself.  The g-mother has absolutely no right to keep them from you, especially in a temp. custody situation.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......