Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:28:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Rorschach test - UPDATED

Started by Waylon, Aug 01, 2009, 11:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waylon

The Rorschach test page (http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/rorschach.php) has been updated to include the actual cards instead of just the outlines. Please feel free to have a look at them, as most people have never seen the actual cards themselves.

The Rorschach Inkblots (http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/rorschach.php)
http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/rorschach.php
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gestalt

Very useful and interesting Waylon. Thank you!

FatherTime

I found them interesting and the information was very revealing.  But,  why are they only pictures of judges and mothers keeping their children away from their fathers? :-)

brwneyedmom

hate to disagree with you FT, but I clearly saw all my DH's and DS's dirty laundry spread all over the floor.  Oh yes, dog vomit on the carpet too.  I loved your answer by the way.

Andrew_S

Thank you for posting this it is very informative, but I still find the battery of tests disturbing especially those psychological practitioners who still use the MILLON, they all appear to have a character or human stereotype intent.  After all anyone who takes these tests is going to have a leaning in favor of one vice, disorder or the other.  More disconcerting is what is to be added to the DSM in 2013, where embarrassment and shyness are rumored to be receiving a subcode.  Yet even more frightening is the future application of these tests to determine anything, especially in the hands of state officials with quota's and a living to earn. 

nila fordyce

These kind of testings I understand are very dubious at best...There are few Professional Psychologist and etc. that no how to read them in the first place. And depending on the attitude or frame of mind the client is in --can make a huge difference on the outcome of all these tests. For instance, if someone is extra nervous or possibly has ADHD this will truly vary the outcomes. You can come up with several different findings. Also, some other Psychologist can look at them and also disagree with the other one's conclusion. And it is very unfair that  they use these kinds of tests in a child custody evaluation. They can hurt a perfectly normal parent. And unfortunately, alot of this is done only for the money--not for the betterment of the child. This is egregious...
I like to complain.

father99782

Thanks.  My lawyer tried to use this in our case, but it was not accepted.

nila fordyce

Quote from: father99782 on Sep 19, 2011, 08:53:52 PM
Thanks.  My lawyer tried to use this in our case, but it was not accepted.
Great...You're very lucky. Alot of them too depending on the situation as far as the complaint on one parent they will read out of it what they want. This is very unethical and unjust on their part--but it happens all the time.
I like to complain.

hogtyed

What have you got on the MMPI-2?

nila fordyce

They're all the same...Extremely controversial and can be more damaging than any good. Again, it depends on who is doing the testings--there attitudes toward you- the case and etc...Again, they all seem to forget your emotional well being during the testings. Dah, naturally since you have just been thru an emotional merry-go-around thru the traumatic divorce issue in the beginning and etc...Your emotions and your attitude is going to be all over the board--probably pretty negative. What in the world do they expect--it's truly ludicrous and of no positive benefit.
I like to complain.