Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

really confused...

Started by asof2005, Oct 02, 2009, 12:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asof2005

Just trying to understand something

How can someone file a PPO against someone on completely unfounded or un-proven statements and the person whom the PPO is against has his rights taken from them?  Rights like where they can be and buying or owning a gun?  I would understand if there was a trial or even an arrest along with the PPO, but how can there just be statements and all of a sudden your rights are stripped?  isnt this unconstitional without a trial or even being in front of a judge personally?

ocean

I am pretty sure that they have to get you into court with a week or 10 days of being served. Then you can plead your case and the other party has to prove theirs. Once an order of protection is in place, you were "proven" you were a threat to someone else and therefore they take away guns until the issue is resolved.

asof2005

Quote from: ocean on Oct 02, 2009, 01:51:01 PM
I am pretty sure that they have to get you into court with a week or 10 days of being served. Then you can plead your case and the other party has to prove theirs. Once an order of protection is in place, you were "proven" you were a threat to someone else and therefore they take away guns until the issue is resolved.

we did do the paperwork to rescind it within the 10 days, still havent had the day in court, about two weeks after that...