Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 12:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation

Started by Tonyflu, Feb 22, 2011, 09:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyflu

I live in Cincinnati,Oh. I want to get visitation to see my kids because my baby mama lets me get them but i have to take them back when she wants them. That sometimes means 7 to 15 days later. This year i have had my kids every other week for at least eight day before she answers her phone. Then she gets mad because i buy things and keep it at my house, an i can not see my kids. I have emails and texts from here saying all this.  What and how should i do this? I need help! I pay her child support.

gemini3

Go to the courthouse and file for custody and visitation.  You don't need a lawyer, just ask the clerk for the forms to complete.  It will come with instructions.  You don't need a lawyer (but it's easier if you do).  You'll get a court date.

Are you paying CS directly to her, or through the state service?  If you're paying directly through her make sure you have receipts for all of it, and that the receipts specifically say "child support".

Also, start keeping track of when you have the kids and for how long.  Back up the log with any physical proof you have.  Try to go back as far as you can and document when you have had them.  This will help your case in court.

ocean

How old are the kids? Do they go to school near you?

Did you ever have anything through the courts yet?

FireFighterDAD

As far as keeping track of how much time you have your kids--

I know not everyone has the ability to do this but my ex wife and I were actually ordered by the judge to only communicate via email unless it's an emergency.  That way there is a written record of what was said.  My ex wife would claim thing were never said (and still does but at least now I have the email to back it up).

If you can't email could you text something that would show you were picking your kids up on X date and another text when you bring them back?  Put something in the text that prompts her to respond.   At least that way you have some form of written record and she can't dispute it if she's responding in agreement.

Just an idea.  Best of luck to you!
FFD