Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 05:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How dO I get the ball rolling on visitation rights?

Started by Avas-myWorld, Feb 23, 2011, 10:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avas-myWorld

My daughters mother is saying that she will refuse me rights to pick up my daughter and take her to Tennessee when I go home on leave. Even though I pay child support, and my daughter is under my medical coverage. Also I've paid for numerous trips for her to go to tennessee to meet me and my family so that they can see her for the first time, and I've flown her to and from Hawaii so that I may see my daughter as well. Not to mention the fact that I spend extra money on her too cell phone bill, moving expenses, etc.
So my question is how do I file for joint legal custody and will the courts deny me the rite to go and get my daughter from her mother and fly out of state without her accompanying us? I'm so lost, and the only thing I want to do is see my daughter. Also would it help if I had messages from her sister saying that she is a unfit parent? HELP ME PLEASE!

Waylon

If there is no provision in the parenting plan that prohibits you from taking your daughter out of state, then you have every right to do it and she cannot legally prevent you from doing so. Have an attorney send her a letter warning her that interfering with your parenting time will result in legal consequences.

Quote from: Avas-myWorld on Feb 23, 2011, 10:34:22 PM
My daughters mother is saying that she will refuse me rights to pick up my daughter and take her to Tennessee when I go home on leave. Even though I pay child support, and my daughter is under my medical coverage. Also I've paid for numerous trips for her to go to tennessee to meet me and my family so that they can see her for the first time, and I've flown her to and from Hawaii so that I may see my daughter as well. Not to mention the fact that I spend extra money on her too cell phone bill, moving expenses, etc.
So my question is how do I file for joint legal custody and will the courts deny me the rite to go and get my daughter from her mother and fly out of state without her accompanying us? I'm so lost, and the only thing I want to do is see my daughter. Also would it help if I had messages from her sister saying that she is a unfit parent? HELP ME PLEASE!
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

ocean

Do you have a parenting/visitation plan now through the courts?