Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

daughter doesn't want to go back...

Started by allforher, Apr 17, 2011, 09:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocean

Call from another number or call his work? Will he even talk to you?
How will child call you on her week with him?

You can send that all in an email and I would send it registered mail too in case he blocked your email.

Ex,
I want to co-parent with you and allow XX to love both families. XX came home from last visit and told me you did not want her week on/ week off.  I want her to be happy at both houses. I tried to reassure her that she had to stay with you and finish out her week there.  Do you want to go back to the every other weekend and one week day during the week? Maybe we can go back to the week on/ week off during the summers? I am willing for her schedule to be the same as her XX(step-sister?).

I tried to call you to work this out but apparently you blocked my numbers to your house. I have not called you in a long time and would only call if it was important. When XX goes to your house, there needs to be one open number for her to call me/me to call you in case there is an emergency here.  (If she has a cell phone you can delete this whole thing...).

Please let me know what you want to do about visitation by XX date.
Thank you
You

I would leave the school issues alone. Let this play out. If there is something that she wants him to go to specific, she can send him an email
"Dad, next Tuesday is XX at school at XX time. I would like you to come. Love, XX"  He may or may not come depending..tell her all she can do it ask but that maybe some day you both can be in the same room.

Offer the therapists dad's number and see if they will call and have him come in with daughter. Did therapist ever meet dad so she knows the relationship going on here?

allforher

I know what he said what he said to daughter in anger.  I do not really think that changing is what he wants, I know I am concerned with it, but if he's willing to work on things then it would be worth it to keep things the same.  I just don't know how it will work with out communication, email, or however. 

I am guessing we can't talk at now, the message is loud and clear with blocking our numbers.

We have a status hearing on MOnday, what the heck do I do?  Should I bring this up? 

Yes I will write a letter in the mean time, thanks for the tips.

ocean

Def bring it up on Monday....
Need ONE way to communicate...email is the easiest and fastest but you need to know he is getting them.

If he has lawyer, ask him/her how do I get a hold of daughter on his weeks, and we need one communication tool. That you tried to contact through email one time, no answer, and now your reg numbers are blocked to his house.

This is hard for me to answer because WE blocked my Dh ex from everything except house (email, changed cell numbers). As soon as we dropped off the kids, she had a nasty email or voicemail ready within 15 minutes. We were not even in the door from drop off and she would ask them questions, fine things wrong. The littlest thing made her go off the deep end. So from the "other" side (and not saying you did the craziness that she does/did) let him parent on his week. You did good by telling daughter she needed to stay or ask her father if she can come home. Teach her skills to deal with people. If her father really is bi-polar she will be dealing with his ups and downs for years to come. The therapist can even go over ways to deal with him. Our BM screams and curses off the wall...we could not do anything. If it is not hurting her, let it go. If he gives you more time, take it but like you said his bi-polar moment is probably done and over with.

Maybe even have a quick letter for his lawyer (and yours) of your immediate concerns for Monday....?
Focus on if there needs to be a schedule change and the phone issue....if you can get an answer for that you will be lucky...family court is SSLLLLLOOOOWWW.